Posted July 6, 2015on:
QUESTION: I’m going to a summer lunch in a marquee this sunday – would like something comfortable and possibly long and pretty!
ANSWER: Your event sounds really great especially for the British summer! If you take a look at your fashion fingerprint you’ll see what items suit you and why. For you its all about balancing your proportions whilst making the most of your defined waist. With that in mind here are some items we hope you’ll love.
1. Banana Republic, Dress £59.99:- Make the most of the sale sand the weather with this gorgeous linen flared skirt dress. This light airy piece means you can enjoy the event in style and comfort. And by simply adding a pastel cardigan you have a look for any eventuality. The flared skirt is great for balancing your proportions whilst the waist tie makes the most of your defined waist:
2. LK Bennet dress now £175:- Another sale gem from retailer LK Bennet who are experts on feminine and chic occasion wear. This dress with its gorgeous prints is perfect for a lunch event, and accessorising won’t be a problem with the great range of colours to pick up on. Again the fit and flare style balances proportions. This dress will work great with flats or a slingback kitten heel, and don’t forget a cardigan to drape over your shoulders.
3. Michael Kors dress £150:- This dress is the epitome of comfort and style with it’s jersey fabric creates a floaty feminine feel. The jewel tone is great for getting into the warm weather spirit. The nipped-in waist is perfect for creating that feminine silhouette. Style with Wedges for moving around on the grass:
4. Hugo Boss, Cardigan £149:- Prepare for anything with neutral cardigan to go with any of the looks you may choose. Wear draped over your shoulders for Parisian chic styled with sunnies and a glass of Pimms!
5. Reiss dress £245:- For a versatile long dress this waist-defining jersey maxi will easily take you from lunch event to evening glamour.
6. Marks and Spencer, sunglasses £15:– And to complete the look add pair of sunnies especially whilst the great weather still remains, like these in a 70’s style. Work the Jackie O look with theses oversized shades
7. LK Bennett heels £170:- If the lunch event is on the lawn your best bet is to invest in a gorgeous pair of wedges. A metallic shade will be an invaluable 24/7 wardrobe must-have. You can take these with you on holiday or pair with a sleek lbd:
8. Dorothy Perkins bag £12:- There are some gorgeous clutch bags out there with hidden shoulder straps and large enough for all your essentials. Bling things up with this piece:
9. H&M bag £14.99:- Alternatively pile on the colour with this vibrant mini shoulder bag. This will also dress up a pair of jeans and heels:
10. Dorothy Perkins necklace £12.50:- Add a stylish statement necklace to your look for an extra dose of daytime glamour. We hope you have a fabulous time: SarahA x
The black trouser is a classic capsule wardrobe separate. Up-style this ideal blank canvas with a sweepstake of the summer sales. There are some great bargains still to be had from high street to designer. Inject colour and print for a sizzling night out. Leopard print is here to stay for next season so anything you can snap up now will carry you through. Shoes are a great sales investment. Look for glitzy evening sandals and anything with a 70’s flavour a trend that will keep on giving. Keep things sleek and cool with a 24/7 white blazer. Natalie x
1. Lara Bohinc earrings £201.19, 2. Zara top now £19.99, 3. Kurt Geiger sandals £220, 4. By Malene Birger now £379.85, 5. Gerard Darel trousers now £98, 6. Balenciaga bracelet £175, 7. M&S bag £29.50, 8. Saint Laurent heels now £434, 9. Mango jacket now £29.99.
There are so many gorgeous juicy shades out at the moment that they’re the perfect way to spice things up in your wardrobe. Nothing is more versatile than a good dress! What I love about a hot bright coloured piece is that it instantly gets you in the mood for summer vacations even if your vacation is a staycation. Espadrilles are everywhere at the moment and I like this black espadrille-sandal combination. The mid-heel gives your look a bit of that city chic style. These would also look great with a cropped pair of jeans + white shirt + gold statement necklace. Mix your brights to really liven things up whether it’s a plain coloured bag or a print. Take your dress on holiday with a tongue-in-cheek ice cream bag. I know it’s a clutch but you can keep it in your beach tote and zip it out when you go to buy your gelato! When it comes to accessorising, ice cool whites and crispy sugary pink shades keep this look fresh and breezy. Natalie x
Sunshine, festivals, retro 70’s trends…what more an excuse does one need to snap up a pair of novelty shades? We love the clean simplicity of these metal frames contrasted with those cute hearts. Natalie x
Posted June 30, 2015on:
QUESTION: We are going to Elton John concert in Luca, Toscana in the beginning of July. What should I wear? I am afraid,it can be quiet cold in the evening.
ANSWER: The concert you are going to sounds so fantastic, I’ve heard that Toscana is a really beautiful part of Italy. As the weather is currently around 20 degrees in Lucca, we would definitely advise layering – that way you can start the evening in something summery and add something to cover your arms as the night time draws in.
1. Jaeger Dress, £99: – A summer dress is a great place to start. Opt for something that you can wear during the day, that just requires a cool accessory to turn it into an evening outfit. Wear the neck open and pop on a statement necklace to add a touch of glamour!
2. Asos Dress, £80: – Alternatively a printed maxi dress will be a fantastic option for an evening concert. The loose skirt will keep your legs warm, whilst the floaty fabric is ideal for an Italian evening. This dress can easily be worn for day time sight seeing, add a pair of flat sandals and a tote bag to complete the look:
3. G Star Raw Jacket, £140: – For when evening kicks in, team either dress with a denim jacket to keep your arms warm. Roll the sleeves up to achieve a cool, laid back vibe and pop a cardigan in your back to layer up your outfit in case the weather is colder than expected:
4. Hugo Boss Cardigan, £149: – To ensure you are warm when you leave the concert, grab a fine knit cardi for the journey home. We love this white cosy option by Hugo Boss as it compliments the outfits suggested and can also be worn on your favourite pair of jeans with a simple t-shirt underneath:
5. Monsoon Bag, £89: – Finally, to finish off your look, a lightweight bag to carry your jacket and all important camera is a necessity! Tan goes well with everything and can be worn all-year round for casual weekend chic or with a work-wear tailored outfit. We hope this has given some fashion inspiration, enjoy the concert and let us know how you get on! Karen x
Posted June 23, 2015on:
STYLE ADVICE: I would love some suggestions for stylish maternity clothes especially for work and weekend looks
Posted June 22, 2015on:
QUESTION: I hope you are well, it’s a while since i was in touch but since then i have become pregnant :)
I am feeling a lot bigger on baby number 2 and only 15 weeks. I am 5ft tall and of slim/petite build and I am struggling to find things to wear. Obviously i don’t want to spend a fortune but at the same time I want to look good for the next 6 months.
Is there anything you can suggest? I particularly need something for work, comfy high shoes and a few weekend looks.
ANSWER: First of all a big, shiny congrats on baby number 2! How exciting adding to your brood! Your question has been specially selected for me to get back to you as I too am pregnant at around 20 weeks so at a pretty similar stage! I’m expecting an unexpected baby number 3!
Sounds like your bump is already showing? It’s strange how it seems to be more obvious earlier second time round but at least this time you know what to expect and can remember some tricks of getting through the next few months without having to spend a fortune. The key is investing in a few good, fabulous looking and above all comfortable basics and then accessorising like crazy to style up looks. Here’s a hit list of items that I think would be perfect for you right now and until “hatching”day!
1. ASOS dress £40: A simple fluid A line dress beats all those strange styles that try to give you a high waist during pregnancy. Although you are lucky enough to be of petite proportions shape wise I think that a subtle flare with fitted sleeves is a more flattering style. The waisted ones, especially with belts always make me feel like an Easter egg! This sapphire blue dress from asos is a perfect maternity buy as it can be dressed up or down making it great for work, weekends and even an evening out with the right accessories. I like the keyhole back detail that adds a trend element to this simple silhouette.
2. Topshop jeans £45: The ‘Holy Grail’ of maternity dressing begins and ends with the perfect pair of jeans and I have to say, having tried nearly all of them, that Topshop pretty much ticks all the boxes. For you, they come in petite lengths and a range of washes and colours. This pale, bleach style is a great colour on you and looks best worn during the summer months. They do have other versions without the rip detail but with this being so ‘on trend’ for spring it’s great to be able to buy something that feels current and unfrumpy!
3. Topshop dress £40: As you might have noticed denim is everywhere this season and so this simple denim shirt dress again at Topshop is a great wardrobe addition. Style it at the weekend with leggings, sneakers and a bright scarf or on holiday over a swimsuit with bright, pop-py sandals!
4. Zara dress now £25.99: Another plus to being petite is that you can make the most of the amazing, simple summer dresses that can look too mini on anyone with a taller silhouette. Zara have some heavenly summer tunics that aren’t specifically maternity but would flow over your bump and look amazing with some of the season’s fabulous gladiator style sandals and exude effortless cool! Here are a few that would be perfect for you with a hint of that A-line shape and a perfect length:
5. Zara dress £25.99: Another great dress for work and play in an eye-catching shade. The pleated back makes this perfect for your maternity silhouette:
6. Zara dress now £9.99: A cute graphic stripe that would look great worn with bright accessories and perfect for weekends or holidays:
7. Isabelle Oliver t-shirt £39: Another often overlooked wardrobe essential has to be the perfect t-shirt. The best ones are long enough to cover your hips, have just the right amount of cling to show off your shape without being too tight and can be worn for work and at the weekend. Isabelle Oliver is admittedly on the pricier side of maternity brands but investing in two good colours and styles of basic jersey tees will provide the comfort and ease that you need when getting dressed:
8. Mango scarf now £14.99: Finally, as mentioned earlier my favourite part of maternity dressing has to be the accessories. Shoes, scarves and statement necklaces are a guilt-free investment that will add a welcome pick me up to maternity additions and then on to the tricky post natal part where anything that adds a hint of glamour will be welcome. I especially love scarves for disguising bumps, adding a splash of colour to basics and then onwards for discreetly, yet stylishly breastfeeding if that is what you are hoping to do. Mango has some gorgeous prints this season. One like this is lightweight and perfect for the summer:
9. H&M leather sandals £39.99: Shoe wise I would take advantage of this summer’s obsession with the seventies and go for a high sandal with block heels or platforms. Both work wonders for you as the extra height compliments your petite proportions and offer the most comfortable high heel options. Here are two that we love this season. A nude block heel simple sandal will go with everything from work to weekend and denim. The nude tone magically elongates your legs:
10. Dune sandals £51: This cork platform sandal ticks all the boxes for on trend 70s inspiration. Style with maxi dresses, denim and weekend looks for a combination of height, comfort and chic. We hope this helps and gives you some inspiration over the coming months. Best of luck with your your 3.5 year old and of course with the new baby. Thanks for your enquiry and we look forward to helping you out again. Tara x