You can cosy up in your cashmere or you can give it the full fashion twist with slinky leather effect pencil skirts or hip-hop stud high-tops and slinky skinny jeans. What’s even better is that the high street has cottoned onto this luscious yarn and does some fabulous and affordable pieces. Keep it basic and simple so that you can get the maximum use out of your cashmeres for years to come. These knits are a lot less high maintenance than you think … I put mine in the washing machine on a gentle, delicate wash. Natalie x
Ohhhh…I am partial to a bit of razzle-dazzle, sumptuous faux-fur and a slinky heel at this time of the year. It’s a great excuse (as if you need one) to get dressed up. Think of making great purchases that will keep you going well into next year for those smart-casual evening looks or spring occasions. Ok, faux-fur will not work a room at a summer wedding but when the January blues set in it’s a fun and chic way to dress up your basic jeans and comfy boots look. You can already find great sales bargains on at the moment and now is a good time to start ear-marking those extra special pieces you might want to hunt down in the sales. Natalie x
LOOK 1: 1. Charlotte Olympia heels £795, 2. Topshop coat £75, 3. New Look dress £24.99, 4. River Island earrings £10, 5. ASOS clutch £12.
LOOK 2: 1. Banana Republic heels £25, 2. Lulu Guinness bag £275, 3. Phase Eight dress now £65, 4. New Look coat £39.99, 5. Carvela by Kurt Geiger heels now £49.
Posted December 15, 2014on:
QUESTION: I have a Christmas party and I’m struggling to find an outfit. I’m looking for pieces that I will wear again.
ANSWER: There’s nothing worse than having a looming event and nothing exciting to wear. The right outfit can help to dispel some of that anxiety and have you looking fab. What’s more we are all about making your purchases go that extra style mile:
Dorothy Perkins, Dress £28:- A versatile dress will give you the start to an occasion ready, flattering and stylish outfit. Not once but a few times over. This royal blue number creates the illusion of a waist thanks to its fit-and-fare style. Team with tights and courts for one look or dare to go bare legged and simply style with a cool ankle boot for another mood. Keep it casual with a little denim jacket, chunky knit scarf and a pair of flats:
Reiss, Dress £179:- This dress will double up for a Christmas party and carry you through to any spring weddings or events you may have next year – think strappy metallic sandals, a colour clashing clutch and statement headpiece. For a Christmas party, style with a biker jacket with the sleeves ruched up to add some edge to your outfit or opt for one of the season’s must-have faux-fur jackets:
French Connection, Jacket £89:- You might like this easy-to-wear and timeless biker style from French Connection. It is a great wardrobe basic and perfect for a throw-on-and-go casual look with jeans and boots:
Zara, Boots £49.99:- As an alternative to courts and sandals, why not try one of the on-trend heeled ankle boots. These super high ankle boots from Zara are the perfect pretty boot with a platform for added comfort:
QUESTION: I was wondering what I should wear with this dress to my work Christmas party? I’m looking for shoes, a bag and accessories. Thanks so much in advance for your help!
ANSWER: Loving the dress you’ve chosen! A fabulous mix of glitz, sophistication and fun, plus a great go-to outfit for winter weddings and future parties. As the dress already has some lovely embellishment on the shoulders, we’ve selection a range of accessories that will complement your frock perfectly:
1. New Look sandals, £27.99: – Block heels area often more comfortable that stilettos, just don’t forget to pop in a pair of gel party feet! The ankle strap keeps your foot nicely in place, ideal if you are standing for most of the evening. The beaded heel adds a wonderful touch of glamour and will be a fantastic accompaniment to a skinny jean and silk blouse combo for Christmas drinks with your mates:
2. New look heels, £24.99: – As you mentioned you’re good with platforms, we’ve found a stylish alternative to a court shoe that can also be worn with a pencil skirt for work or a pair of jeans and a blazer for a smart casual look. The raised platform makes this a manageable heel, whilst the lace-up detail gives the essential comfort factor:
3. Debut heel, £22.75: – If you’re after something a little more ‘sparkly’, a metallic heel will do just the trick! With a small platform, this gorgeous shimmery court will look lovely against the gold beading on your dress. A metallic heel will also see you through every season and is also a great way totransform an outfit from day-to-night:
4. Coast bracelet, £25: - Sticking with the black and gold theme, this bejewelled cuff bracelet will work wonders on your wrist! As the dress has beautiful neck detailing, accessorise with bracelets and rings rather than necklaces or earrings. Avoid overkill with a simple crystal or pearl in your ear – elegant and timeless:
5. Miss Selfridge bag, £16: – Lastly you didn’t mention if you had a bag, so we’ve picked a super stylish little clutch, the perfect way to complete your look. Karen x
Posted December 1, 2014on:
QUESTION: Hi there what are the best clothes to hide the tummy?
ANSWER: Your question is right up my street as I love a good drape and anything that makes me feel comfortable and stylish on those bloated days. If you take a look at your fashion fingerprint you’ll see what items suit you and why. For you it’s all about using different items to balancing proportions.
1. French Connection, Trousers £85:- For trousers go high waisted, thus smoothing out the tummy for tops, shirts, cardigans and blazers to skim over. This cool tapered pair from French connection are great worn for work, evening or with brogues for dress down days:
2. Hobbs, Jeans now £63.20: – Just like the trousers the recommended high waist trousers, these high rise jeans with a straight leg fit is the perfect piece of denim for you. The dark shade keep them smart casual great for teaming with flowing blouses and structured blazers:
4. Mint Velvet, Dress now £79.20:- I’m loving this tunic style dress for your style dilemma it takes all the focus off concealing the tummy and makes its own style statement, hippy chic. Wear with tights and boots from ankle to over the knee, a great drinks with friends dress you won’t stop wearing it:
5. Banana Republic, Dress £85:- Im loving the sultry style of this dress, ideal for evening events or a romantic dinner, just enough skin but still modest. The waist sits slightly higher than the tummy area and the skimming skirt does all the balancing work so you can enjoy the occasion:
6. Dorothy Perkins, Top now £18.75:- Team this flowing blouse with black trousers or jeans and heels for an evening out with friends, these are the kind of tops that conceal the tummy but keep you looking fab. The hem is great for balancing out the hips and the v-neck draws the eye away from the shoulders:
7. Topshop, Top £34:- Another great tip for concealing is layering and a denim shirt is great for this. Wear this shirt open with recommended high waist trouser, cami, printed scarf and coat. Alternatively style closed up with trousers and a blazer. SarahA x
Paddington Bear has really turned red carpet chic on its head and heel. At the premier for the hotly anticipated movie of the world’s all time favourite bear, Julie Walters sported the requisite glitzy dress complete with an iconic blue duffle coat. “The invitation said dress code: Paddington Bear chic,” she told GMTV. What could be more stylish than Paddington Bear chic?! Which got me thinking about the cool duffle coats on the high street and designer end too. Burberry has, as usual, got this look polished down to a marmalade high tea with a gorgeous navy blue duffle coat. For a literal take, this Hobbs coat is spot on and yes why not throw it over a long beaded evening gown! Give a glitzy evening-by-day twist to the whole mood with this gorgeous metallic duffle coat from Topshop. I’ve thrown in a fluo sheepskin bag as an extra little nod to our fury friend. Natalie x