1. MICHAEL Michael Kors jacket £229, 2. Rupert Sanderson heels £445, 3. Anton Heunis earrings £155, 4. Johnny Loves Rosie green clutch now £27 5. Kaliko dress £119 , 6. Mango jacket £44.99, 7. Jimmy Choo sandals £495, 8. Dorothy Perkins earrings now £6.25, 9. Miss KG gold clutch £40.
Posted July 28, 2014on:
QUESTION: Hello! I am looking for a girly but stylish wedding dress to wear to my wedding at the registry office. It is a simple affair and I would like to wear the dress again to my sister-in-law’s 50th birthday the same week.
ANSWER: Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! No matter how big or small a wedding is, it is always such an exciting time in one’s life. Choosing a wedding dress for another person is a huge task as it’s probably the most important dress you will ever buy. We are basing our reply on the idea that you would like a traditional ‘white wedding’ look, but if this is not the case then please let us know and we can tailor the advice accordingly. Here are some ideas that we hope you will love:
1. Début maxi dress, £140: As you said you wanted a ‘girly’ feel to your wedding outfit we suggest going for the classic dress option, however a well tailored suit can look fab and super chic at a smaller ceremony, so it is always an option too. Keeping with the really traditional route, we think this ultra-feminine and sophisticated maxi with embellished detail would look incredible on you. The sweetheart neckline will flatter your larger bust and the high waist has a flattering feel which focuses in on your smallest part and glides over your tummy. The gemstone embellishment at the straps gives a luxe finish fit for a bride. Accessorise with pearls and silver jewellery for a flawless wedding day look.
2. Coast maxi dress, £150: - Vintage styling is very popular for the modern bride, and this delicate lace detail dress has a super feminine feel which would make a memorable choice for your big day. More ‘fussy’ than the previous dress, this piece has all the same figure-flattering properties but is gorgeously glam (with train to boot)- it just depends on which dress you feel fits your personal style the best?
3. French Connection prom dress, £91: - You have a fab womanly figure, with a great décolletage and a balanced hip to shoulder ratio. Always draw attention to your assets and fashion will create the illusion of curves whilst conjuring up a more defined looking waist. For a more understated yet chic option which does all of the above, opt for this prom style midi dress from French Connection, which we love. If the length doesn’t quite work for your slightly petite frame you could always get the hem taken up a notch; and although a lower neckline is perfect for you, a lace-edged camisole underneath the dress would resolve any cleavage related problems whilst adding a hint of extra femininity. Waist-cinchers are your best friend, loose clothes will pile on the pounds- this is a great option for the modern day bride.
4. Miss Selfridge necklace, £7.50: – If you opt for the shorter length dress, this could also double up as a great summer time staple which would be perfect for your sister-in-law’s birthday party. Swap your gorgeous wedding heels for a shimmering pair of metallic flat sandals and add some great statement jewellery such as this amazing necklace.
5. ASOS oversized clutch, £25: - Hot brights look incredible next to your colouring and are also a huge hit this summer, so by adding in some show stopping, on-trend accessories, no one at the party will doubt your fashion credentials. Hot pink is one of your investment shades too and will look great next to the crisp white of the FC dress. Ria x
A little sunshine pick me up. Pattern and print go a long way in turning a sleek and chic casual jeans look into something with a bit of seasonal zing. Style boyfriend jeans with a patent kitten heel court contrasting a slouchy feel with nifty feminine appeal. Studded flats add a cool contrast to next season’s blooms. You can still snap up some great sales steals like the blouse, bag and jeans in look 2. The good thing is that these will work their fashion magic quite happily into the new season. Natalie x
1. Uniqlo dress £69.90, 2. Monsoon hat £19, 3. Tommy Hilfiger bag £285, 4. Isabel Marant earrings £90, 5. Ancient Greek Sandals sandals £120, 6. Alexander McQueen scarf £335, 7. Mango bracelet £17.99, 8. Chloe bag £491.50, 9. Jimmy Choo boots £624.78.
The bréton tee is one of those wardrobe classics that is a true fashion lust-have. It has all of those Coco Chanel connotations. She made it famous after she took it off the backs of French sailors and put it onto hers! If I have not really planned my work-wardrobe this tee is a quick fix as it always looks a touch-fashion (Chanel again!) with a pair of skinny jeans and heels. You know when you throw-on-and-go with your striped tee that summer has started. It’s what we in fashion love to call one of those transitional pieces. Natalie x
1. Mango earrings £9.99, 2. Monsoon sandals now £22, 3. Warehouse skirt now £30, 4. Hobbs trousers £119, 5. Rag & Bone top £145, 6. J.Crew bag £49.50, 7. Ray-Ban sunglasses £143, 8. J Brand shorts now £85.50, 9. Jimmy Choo sandals £450.