That plastic folder is giving Vicky B’s office look a real touch of work-retro-chic what with spreadsheets, apps and filing systems in the clouds these days. Actually she is on Mount Street at ‘work’ on the imminent launch of her first ever standalone store. I’ve always been partial to a bit of animal print and her chauffeur shoes give this outfit major style mileage. Everything else is deceptively simple, and I say deceptively, because the pieces she has thrown together reek of luxury. Never fear, you too can spritz the fashion luxury that is eau d’ Victoria – albeit on a high street budget. That’s the magic of keeping an outfit toned down and less is more: – a lot of black, a touch of white, cool jeans and a perennial on-season print. Now where’s that chauffeur with my ride. Natalie x
1. Raoul trousers £215, 2. Chloé bag £294,88, 3. Jimmy Choo sandals £425.47, 4. DVF bag £225, 5. Thakoon top £560.33, 6. True Religion jeans £195, 7. Miu Miu earrings £120, 8.Chloé flats £340, 9. Isabel Marant jacket £400.
Jazzy joggers. Who would have thought it. Out of the gym and into the wardrobes of ladies who vlog, blog, tweet and eat at pose-for-an-instagram-picture type of lunches the world over. You could just as easily insert a crisp pair of black cigarette trousers into these outfits instead of the jogger, but these slinky, slouchy alternatives are worth a spin. Contrast the casual gym-feel of the jersey fabric with upbeat accessories like a killer pair of patent courts and a silky blouse with glitzy embellishment – a great way to get that ‘evening glamour by day’ mood going. Autumn/winter is the perfect season for layering textures and a tweed mix biker jacket keeps your look cool and casual. Come cocktail hour swap it for a tuxedo style blazer and a clutch. Which way will you spin…haute or high? Natalie x
Posted August 18, 2014on:
QUESTIONS: I struggle finding work blazers or jackets that fit smartly. Having a large bust and broad shoulders means I end up needing a bigger size which looks awful around the waist and too long on the arms. Can you make any suggestions? Biker jackets look good on me but not really suitable for work.
ANSWER: I can imagine how tricky it must be to get good tailoring for a larger bust but we have some suggestions we hope you’ll love.
1. Saint Bustier, Jacket £109:- Check out this great online store with a mantra for catering to bigger busts. This black jacket is the perfect versatile piece to kick off your wardrobe. With its sleek minimalist design you can add it to any dress or blouse and skirt to be work ready:
2. Violeta by Mango, Jacket £44.99:- A shawl collar is perfect for a bigger bust the collar will fall nicely without adding any extra bulk. This white blazer is great for important days when looking extra smart is paramount. Team with a v-neck shift and courts:
3. Oasis, Jacket £42:- This lightweight jersey style is great for different combinations will work great with navy, black, white and even nude, which means versatility and lots of wear. The fluid fit is another bonus as the fit won’t look to restricting but will remain smart:
4. Vivienne Westwood, Jacket £390:- And of corse a staple black blazer with a twist from the British veteran designer Vivienne Westwood. You’ll have this jacket forever and the tailoring is directly suited to accommodate a large bust and cinch the waist. Another jacket for over dress and to wear with skirts. SarahA x