This floaty looser fit dress is one of those perfect wardrobe keepers. It’s ideal for layering under open front longline cardigans and ankle boots now, and will take you from day-to-night with a sleek switch of accessories come the warmer months. There are so many gorgeous bags on the high street at the moment and opulent colours give a fun lift to outfits. A denim jacket and a biker style jacket really are wardrobe saviours. If you’re thinking about holiday packing and what to wear on flights – whether it’s a city break or beach holiday look to these two cover-ups. You’ll have noticed a few pairs of metallic skater shoes and trainers filtering into blog posts recently, they’re a great alternative to ballerinas…and the perfect airport shoe too. Natalie x
QUESTION: I am celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary in Las Vegas and am struggling with my wardrobe for the visit. We plan to visit the Grand Canyon, hopefully see several shows during the evenings, enjoy the atmosphere of Las Vegas and, weather permitting, relax by the pool.
ANSWER: Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary, what a fantastic way to celebrate! As the weather in Las Vegas is very warm over the next couple of weeks, it’s definitely worth considering this when choosing your outfits.
1. Hobbs dress, £139: - Every holiday wardrobe needs a versatile outfit that can be worn for multiple occasions. This colourful shirt dress by Hobbs is just the ticket. For casual daytime chic, add navy flats and a pair of delicate earrings and for anniversary celebrations, jazz up the look with a pair of heeled sandals and a jewelled necklace:
2. Tommy Hilfiger cardigan, £100: – A navy cardi will be perfect addition for cool evenings and will easily fold into your handbag. It’s worth investing in something good quality as you’ll wear this all year round:
3. Fenn Wright Mason dress, £109: – You mentioned you may see shows in the evening so it would only be right to have a new dress for the occasion! Fenn Wright Manson dresses are always fabulously flattering – this patterned shift has a fitted waist and slightly looser skirt which will create a beautiful silhouette. Although the arms are 3/4 length, if it’s a chilly evening accompany the dress with a cardigan from before:
4. Vince trousers, £165: - White trousers are a real treat to wear on holiday as they aren’t something you’d usually choose for general day to day. The great thing about white is that it looks great with pretty much every other colour, so pop on a patterned kaftan for breakfast to pool, or tuck in a breton stripe top or silky blouse for afternoon cocktails:
5. L.K.Bennett top, £125: – For a sophisticated yet casual outfit, team the white trousers with a bold hot pink top, gorgeous with a tan an oversized navy sunhat. Tres ooh la laa!:
6. French Connection jacket, £225: - If you find air-con to be a little full on, complete your outfit with a pattered blazer. An open neck style is a really useful holiday item and we’ve all fallen for this black and white French Connection version. For the ultimate travel outfit, wear it with a pair of camel coloured linen trousers and a white t-shirt – stylish and cosy! Linen trousers and cotton t-shirts will be a very suitable Grand Canyon ensemble – you may need a pair of sturdier shoes for this day trip:
7. Zara trousers, £29.99: - When it comes to travelling, comfort is key. Zara always have a great selection of cotton trousers that are a lovely alternative to wearing jeans. This lightweight stripe pair can easily be teamed with neutrals, deep tones or brights. For afternoons spent wondering along the strip, turn up the ankles to create a stylish capri trouser:
8. Baukjen top, now £41: – Over packing on t-shirts is never a bad thing, just take note of the colours of your other items when choosing t-shirt shades. Neutral tones will compliment all the trouser options mentioned as well as the French Connection jacket. Tops can also be tucked into a-line or pencil skirts, just grab a pair of Jackie-O sunnies and you’re good to go!
9.Nine West sandals £85: – Pick a pair of sandals that you’ll feel comfortable walking in for hours, as nothing is worse than the feeling of a blister developing. What’s more this embellished style will keep you looking poolside glamorous with a floaty kaftan. The best colours are neutrals and metallics as they can be worn with everything in your suitcase and will also look great over the summer when you’re back home.
10. Vanessa Bruno Athe bag, £140: – Finally the must-have bag. This travel carry-on slash beach bag slash all round lightweight fabulous outfit completer is the best purchase you’re likely to make! A canvas bag is a wonderful holiday alternative to leather and this Vanesso Bruno tote will hold everything you could ever need! Wear to the pool, then out for lunch, then for a spot of shopping. Karen x
Bright bottoms! Bright days! Why not? Ease yourself out of the jeans and black opaque slumber we may all have found ourselves in as we slip into spring with a pair of trousers in a bright colour. These hot pink must-haves also come in a bright orange and emerald green. Go loose and languid for day and wear your t-shirt untucked. It’s the little details that count. A sequin here a touch of gold there and casual suddenly becomes cool. Whilst we do love an evening clutch some double up as the perfect daytime run around bag for those who don’t need or want to carry too much. If you’re going to pop out for a pint of milk then do it in style. For an evening out accentuate the waist with this gorgeous wrap top and a glitzy heel.
There were a lot of low-key shades on the red carpets this awards season, some more successful than others. As we step into spring, chalky whites, nude tones, safari stone inspirations and whispers of grey will filter into your wardrobes from day to night. You can go low-key neutral from head-to-toe and add touches of gold with your accessories and add texture with your shoes and bags. Bright colours are a fabulous bold contrast like this sunset orange jumper set-off against this nude tone skirt. Earthy textured details on shoes and bags (think straw, raffia, linen and canvas) add depth. Banana Republic is really working their magic with their handbag range this season and this piece will double up as a very chic beach bag. Have some fun with your sunglasses and go oversized and retro. For evening you could always borrow a look from one of those red-carpet stars or simply style with statement chandelier earrings and strappy stiletto sandals. Nothing low-key about that. Natalie x