QUESTION: Outfit for a wedding in May. My favourite colour is red. Budget is approximately 200 euro.
ANSWER: A wedding is a great excuse to dress up, and if red is your fave colour that’s a great place to start.
1. Nordstrom, Dress £85:- This red comes in a luxurious berry shade and is made even more elegant with its lace sleeve detail and chic capped sleeves. The slightly fuller skirt shows off your balanced proportions. Add a black patent waist belt to emphasise the waist.
2. Monsoon, Fascinator £37:- Create drama with this striking black headpiece. When it comes to accessorising use colours and metallics to break things up or go for tonal shades of the same colour so it doesn’t al look to match-matchy:
3. New Look sandals £19.99: – Add a metallic gold heel for a bit o glitz:
4. Oasis clutch now £10:- A fabulous gold clutch will add that finishing touch…and also look great with a jeans and blazer look for a weekend dinner:
Dress up a casual weekend look with a fabulous print heel and an accent of chunky gold bling. Sugary yellows and a touch of seaside coral are just the thing to give a fresh update to your nearly-there-spring wardrobes. This waist-defining jacket in a crisp spring white makes a sleek alternative to winter’s darker shades. Tops are a great way to introduce (or dabble in) a catwalk print or must-have colour to your outfits. Swap the jeans for a floor sweeping maxi skirt in black for a dramatic evening look or a tailored/fitted pencil skirt for a dinner-a-deux. Natalie x
1. Isabel Marant for Oliver Peoples sunglasses £236, 2. Mango top £17.99, 3. Moschino necklace £171,4. Banana Republic bag £79.50, 5. Paige Denim jeans £254, 6. H&M jacket £29.99, 7. Dorothy Perkins heels £29.
Now is the perfect time to snap up an easy-to-wear jersey maxi. Sleek block colours give you a versatile palette to work with. These are easy to pack and easy to wear dresses for holiday and casual looks. A gold heeled sandal and bling accessories will take this out for an evening dinner. Have fun with printed bags or on-trend fringed details when it comes to jazzing up these dresses. A biker jacket or denim jacket will give you a little bit of extra wear pre-summer or layer under an open front cardi and style with an animal print scarf for cooler weather. Natalie x
Posted April 7, 2015on:
QUESTION: I have bought this pale pink longline jacket from Jigsaw, £198, could you suggest some ideas on how to wear it smart casual and also for evening drinks/dinner occasions. I wear a uniform for work as a beauty therapist and normally wear ‘softer’ outerwear favouring jeans or slim trousers or dresses outside of work.
ANSWER: The jacket you’ve bought is a gorgeous springtime edition to any woman’s wardrobe, ideal for giving your outfit a stylish twist. If you take a look at your Dressipi Fashion Fingerprint, you’ll see which styles suit you best and why. For you it’s about balancing the proportion between your shoulder and hips, whilst creating gorgeous soft feminine curves.
1. Violeta dress, now £39.99: – The length of your new purchase sits around mid thigh, so bare this in mind when picking dresses. Look out for styles that sit just above your knee as it’s a really flattering length and sits nicely with the longline blazer. We love this marl jersey dress as it’s got a cozy feel about it, but can easily be dressed up with a pair of heeled ankle boots and a statement necklace:
2. Jigsaw jeans, now £79: – Straight slim jeans are the best shape for you as they hug in all the right places, giving a fantastic silhouette. A slightly darker denim shade is perfect for casual or smarter occasions. A mid-rise or high waist will flatter the and smooth the stomach:
3. Mint Velvet blouse, £59: – A lightly patterned blouse compliments your jacket and new jeans perfectly. The comfortable loose fit glides delicately over your tummy area and can be worn in an entirely different outfit tucked into an a-line skirt:
4. Whistles dress, £106.74: – As Whistles is one of your favourite brands, we thought we’d add this elegant shift dress to the mix, spot on for evening drinks or weekend parties. The black and white bold print will be a real statement piece against your new jacket, a wonderful mix of sophistication and style with a playful touch:
5. LK Bennet shoes, £210: – A blush coloured court is your go-to shoe and compliments the jeans/blouse combo as well as the Whistles dress. Neutral shades look fabulous all year round – just stick to a heel height you can walk in!
6. H&M earrings, £7.99 – Complete your evening outfit with a pair of chic earrings -we adore this jewelled pair as they add instant glamour to the simplest of dresses. Karen x
STYLE ADVICE: I’m a newly single stay at home mum, throwing out my wardrobe and starting from scratch.
Posted April 1, 2015on:
QUESTION: Hi, im newly single, 42 and I’m throwing out my wardrobe and starting again from scratch, eek!! What do I need for a good wardrobe and a couple of going out outfits. I’m a stay at home mum, so no work clothes needed. I want to look like I feel and not look like a mum all of the time! Thanks xx
ANSWER: Thanks for contacting us, we are really excited to answer your style questions because we all love a good wardrobe overhaul! Feeling confident is always helped by a fabulous wardrobe so we hope to recommend you lots of great, versatile and multitasking items that will mean you are never stuck for what to wear.
1. Banana Republic chinos £45: Snap up a pair of chinos with a chic roll up in a soft grey tone. Style with a blouse and printed flats for a stay-at-home look.
2. Helmut Lang dress £239: Every woman needs an LBD. Spoil yourself with this cool modern take on a classic with flattering rushed details. Dress down by day with ankle boots or flats vamp up by night for a date look with heels and a biker jacket:
3. Mint Velvet, Dress £99:- A Shirt dress is the epitome of laid-back cool and a stylish alternative to casual trouser looks. This subtle print with take you through spring to summer. Team with ankle boots, pumps or sandals.
4. French Connection, Dress £54:– I couldn’t resist recommending this bargain from French Connection! It will be fab worn if invited to a wedding and doubles up for a nice evening out with the girls… or a date.
7. M&S, Trench Coat £149:- Every wardrobe needs a smart trench coat in their wardrobe, a coat that looks perfect dressed up of down worn open or closed, you really can’t go wrong. This subtle pink is slightly varied from the normal stone but just as versatile. Throw on with dresses or jeans and sunnies for a fab spring look.
8. Zara jacket £69.99 – A biker style jacket will add that modern touch to even the most basic of jeans look and will also give a style upscale to a dress for an evening out:
9. Levis, Jeans £80:– Levis have always been praised for their great fit and these will be no exception. Don’t be put off by the super skinny headline, this just means they are perfect for wearing under loose style tunic tops and tummy skimming jumpers. The versatile wash will have you living in these jeans for casual and smart casual looks.
9. Cos, Tunic £115:– Get that luxury feeling with this silk pastel coloured blouse. A flowy style like this is great for skimming over the tummy area and teamed with ankle length trousers is an ideal style choice. Style with Skinny jeans and heels for a chic evening look:
10. Zara, T-shirt £7.99:– Build up your t-shirt basics. A breton stripe gives a casual look an instant style nod.
12. Warehouse, Shirt £36:– Go double denim in this shirt or wear with a plethora of bottoms. The slightly oversized fit works great for skimming over the tummy.
13. Mango, Blouse £34.99:– A smart blouse means that you’ll never be left with nothing to wear. Style with a black cropped trouser and scrappy sandal for evening for a white capri and metallic flat for day:
14. Oasis, Jumper £20:– Layering just got even more chic with this lightweight jumper. Wear over blouses and t-shirts or alone with jeans and skirts, add the trench coat for an even more fab look.
15. Topshop, Boots £75:- An ankle boot will take you through Autumn, Winter and even Spring, especially in these go with everything tan chelsea boots. From skirts and dresses to jeans and trousers these boots will be ideal for your new wardrobe.
16. Carvela pumps £69: – Instead of a classic black jump why not introduce a bit of leopard print to your looks with your footwear:
17: Ted Baker, Heels £115:– Take your look from day-to-night with a must-have pair of nude heels. Perfect for any summer occasion dressing too.
18. Mango bag £24.99: – Finally don’t forget to have fun with your accessories. This clutch bag can also be used by day (popped inside baby’s bag!) and the high street is awash with great chandelier earrings to give those evening looks a last minute fashion boost. SarahAx