Archive for July 2012
Finally we’re here! After all the build up, that magnificent opening ceremony and now the quest for our first Gold medal we are officially experiencing high-octane Olympic mania. The Jubilee had us brimming over with English pride earlier this summer but it all seems to have paled into significance with the thrill of playing host in our very own capital city. Here at Dressipi HQ, Fashion Editor Nicki and I were lucky enough to be involved in an early rev-up to these few weeks whilst shooting the 11 “Great Britons” who lent their support to celebrate the Official Team GB scarf. All of the proceeds go to supporting the athletes and with scarves being a hot fashion accessory this season what better way to celebrate this summer’s amazing events. It’s available exclusively through Next and we feel one of the most stylish piece of official kit.
As fashion celebrates all things Olympian we’ve nominated our top three pieces for you to pledge your allegiance to Team GB:
1 Going for Gold!….We love this medal sweater from Markus Lupfer that’s exudes a winning spirit:
2 Let it rain….We can keep a stiff upper lip about the weather but let’s face it a true summer seems to be alluding us all. Resign yourself to the wet weather and banish those grey skies with a pair of patriotic Hunter wellies that would look cute worn with a pair of shorts or a flippy summer dress:
3 Waving the flag….A rock n roll way of sporting the Union Jack these printed jeans from Religion would look great with a pair of Isabel Marant high tops and a slouchy sweater:
QUESTION: I have a lovely pair of leather pants I usually wear with a sheer blouse and blazer with black suede block heels but I want to wear them with flats? What should I wear? Any help would be appreciated.
ANSWER: Hello and thank you for contacting us, it’s lovely to hear from you. You will soon start to see quite a lot of leather pants and leggings hitting the stores for the new season. They are a great piece and perfect for wearing dressed down as well as up. Here are some ideas for a “flat shoe” look.
1. H&M blouse and Zara jacket: Keep things stylishly understated with a soft fluid blouse with 3/4 length sleeves. This blouse would also look great with jeans. When it starts to get a bit cooler add a faux-fur gilet to your outfit. Or, you could style it with this fabulous fitted lightweight bouclé jacket from Zara. It’s ok if the blouse falls a little bit longer than the jacket as it will give a chic layered effect.
2. H&M jumper: Alternatively you could style your trousers with a simple but essential versatile grey jumper. For wintry months throw on a leopard print scarf.
3. Zara flats: Keep your flats simple. A plain black ballerina is ideal. Let your trousers be the focal point of the outfit.
4. Forever 21 gold cuff: Finally, just because it’s more of a laid back ‘flats’ look, doesn’t mean you can’t dress it up a bit for day. This cuff will complement the 3/4 slightly bell sleeve perfectly. Natalie x
We’ll keep it short and sweet. Like the 100m sprint. Because unless you’re lucky enough to have a ticket to the Olympics Opening Ceremony you will no doubt be preparing to watch it in front of the television. Round about now. You can have your own Fashion Olympics Ceremony by adding those all important (and often forgotten) accessories to your Perfect For You look. I’m going for gold in this post today. Well why not – it’s time to bring home the hardware. We often talk of using a fabulous necklace or bracelet to dress up a day look. Whether you’re into making big statements or have more of a delicate nature a necklace gives that instant je ne sais quois to a casual (but chic) look. You saw in our last blog post how Donna worked her fabulous new purchase from Reiss, a chain necklace. For something that you might want to wear every day without having to think about, this Alex Monroe leaf pendant is one of the go to pieces in fashionista land. I’ve added it to this Vince silk blouse, True Religion skinny jeans and ultra-versatile DKNY dark navy leather tote in one of the email recommendations:
This gorgeous Chloe top has a striking ruffle detail at the neckline so a necklace is going to get lost in all the action unless you go for long strands of bright beads or pearls à la Chanel. Instead I’ve opted for a statement gold cuff like this By Malene Birger piece. Mango and COS do fabulous high street numbers. It’ll draw attention to the striking print on the DVF skirt. If you like the basket effect red Hobbs ballerinas you can snap up them up here. Have a fabulous and stylish Olympic weekend. Natalie x
Now is the perfect time to give your summer wardrobe an outing. All those gorgeous prints, versatile dresses, strappy sandals, fabulous flats…you know what I am talking about. The sunshine filled walk in to work in the morning down Oxford Street has been like sitting catwalk-side. Girls have been working bright colours, a lot of those amazing structured Zara bags, short shorts, pastel coloured skinnies … you name it. Here’s a quick round up of some of the looks the Dressipi team have been working. Thanks to our versatile tech guru Kai for taking some of the pictures. That would be the really fabulous, not blurred by a mobile phone, ones.
1. Fabulous sandals: I don’t know if it’s the Olympic Games but gladiators (and variations on a theme) have been high on the shopping agenda. These gorgeous Belle Sigerson Morrison ones from Shoescribe.com have now sold out on our site …but Elena is very happily wearing hers with a draped front blouse and pencil skirt combination.
2. Sam Edelman Sandals and Reiss necklace:
And Donna is loving her strappy black Sam Edelman sandals. You know how we always say a must-have necklace will give any day look a bit of ‘quick-fix-glam’? Well Donna was recommended this Reiss piece in her Style Email and now it sits very “Perfectly For Her” with a little black dress and oversized sunnies. And the good thing is that it turned out to be a lot less shiny and gold than it appears on their site.
3. Working those prints: Here are our two fabulous interns spalshing out in a summer print. We love Pip’s Whistles dress which can be styled, when it starts to get much cooler, with a navy fitted jumper underneath and opaques (soooo far from our thoughts on a day like this). Natasha has snapped up one of those must-have Zara lightweight boucle jackets in a sorbet shade and then gone for bold with her floral print skrt.
4. Working a Capsule Wardrobe: Sarah shows how to work her Dressipi’d Capsule Wardrobe to the max. A fabulous print dress that had been all but forgotten in her wardrobe gets a new fashion lease on life thanks to her must-have capsule wardrobe purchase of a pair of cool black Aldo heels. You’ve seen this skirt + jacket + blouse combo before ( all purchased from Dressipi) …but not in the sunshine!
5. Little black dresses: I love a little black versatile dress with a wild heel. It’s a great way to liven things up. Here I am on a quick coffee run in a Karl Lagerfeld dress, which is positively vintage as it’s from Karl pre-Karl. I’ve glammed things up with a pair of my favourite red Jimmy Choos which have stood the test of time (mud, rain, lots of wear, you name it). And then ohhh look here I am again in another little black dress, by Issa …and my favourite red Jimmy Choos…there’s a pattern emerging huh? …Natalie x
Last week I had two graduation ceremonies to attend, my own and my boyfriend’s, both at the Royal Festival Hall. We graduated from University of the Arts London and our ceremonies were one day apart from each other. About a month ago I bought a beautiful LBD from Whistles for my graduation and as soon as my boyfriend saw the dress he asked me to wear it to his ceremony as well. I love the dress and want to wear it as much possible but don’t want to look exactly the same every time. I decided on two different looks for the same dress, one chic and one cool. For the chic look I styled the LBD with Carvela Peep Toe Courts and for the cool look I styled the same LBD with a stunning Zara Cardigan with Peplum Frill , black tights and Carvela Splice Boots.
Day 1: Chic Look
Day 2: Cool Look
I felt incredible both days and can’t wait to wear my LBD again! I also have to admit that I’m in love with my new Zara Cardigan with Peplum Frill and am dressing it down with Zara Stretch Skinny Jeans, Topshop grey Tshirt (old season) and black knee boots (Brazilian brand) for a casual look.
Casual Look with Zara Peplum Frill Cardigan
Social Media Intern @ Dressipi
Posted July 23, 2012on:
QUESTION: Hello guys, need your help again thanks for always being there. Please. How can I accessorise the dress in the picture for a wedding. Shoe, purse, fascinator, jewellery and other thing that go with the dress to make an “all eyes on me after the bride look”…lol, thanks!
ANSWER: As ever it is great to hear from you. What a fabulous singing blue dress. We love the vintage shoulder details and that beautiful colour will look incredible on you. The wide v neckline draws attention upwards as does the higher waistline that helps to accentuate your curves in all the right ways and the fluid fabric means that this dress is truly perfect for you. Now for the fun part…. accessories!
1. NEW LOOK CUFF: A good place to start is with the silvery sparkly brooch details. Keep your accessories in these metallic tones with a silver cuff bracelet that would be gorgeous with this dress. We love this one from New Look that echoes the slight Grecian silhouette of your dress:
2. COAST FASCINATOR: A fascinator in the same tone would compliment the look and Coast have a gorgeous feather one in the perfect shade:
3. RAVEL SANDALS: For a real ‘wow’ element invest in these gorgeous diamanté embellished sandals. Don’t feel guilty about the price as you’ll get lots of wear from a perfect sparkly sandal after this event. Not only does a metallic shoe go with most shades for future weddings and formal occasions but they add an element of glamour to a jacket and jeans combination for a night out on the town:
3. DUNE CLUTCH: Finally add a splash of colour with this unpredictable heavenly pink clutch bag. The contrasting tone will look fantastic with your look and again can be worn with jeans and heels for more relaxed evening looks. Have fun turning heads at the wedding! Tara x