Archive for December 2012
Posted December 20, 2012on:
We’ve saved you the hassle of wishing and hoping and clicking and double-checking to see if and when your favourite pieces go on sale…so you don’t miss out. Like that gorgeous bag you’ve always wanted that’s just been on the wrong side of expensive, or that tuxedo blazer that will work a thousand looks this season and next that would make you feel a lot happier buying if you could get change from £50…and here’s how:
To browse “Perfect For You” items that are on sale, follow the steps below:
- Log into www.dressipi.com
- Click on your “Recommendations” page
- Scroll down to the bottom of the filters (on the left hand side of the page) and then filter by sales discount
Sales Alerts: To make sure that you don’t miss out on when your favourite, coveted items go on sale, follow the simple steps below :
- When you see a product you love, simply click on the ‘Add to Lists’ link either in the bottom right hand corner of the product box – or above the photo on the full product page.
- Tick/check the list titled “Sales Alert”. When your product is added a pink tick appears and you can continue browsing – just click outside of the box to get rid of it.
- You can now add any number of products to your Sales Alerts.
- Now sit back and relax in the knowledge that as soon as your favourite products go on sale you’ll be the first to know!
….Then when your pieces go on sale you’ll get an email that looks a little like the picture above. It’s a great way for you to snap-up the best bargains around! If you want any suggestions on what would be best for you when it comes to what to shop for in the sales please do email us stylists directly at http://dressipi.com/stylist_questions. Natalie x
Does your boyfriend, husband, partner, friend or anyone in your family need a fashion friendly nudge as to what to buy for you this Christmas? Want to avoid those “it doesn’t fit!” or “it’s not really me” situations? Now you can create your very own figure-flattering, style-specific, size-perfect “Xmas List” and share it so that gifting is as bespoke as your Dressipi recommendations. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
STEP 1: When you see a product you love, simply click on the ‘Add to Lists’ link either in the bottom right hand corner of the product box – or above the photo on the full product page.
STEP 2: Create a new list by typing the list name (say Xmas List) in the box that appears and clicking ‘Add’. Your product is automatically added to your new list.
STEP 3: You can now add any number of products to the list by clicking on any ‘Add to Lists’ link and selecting the appropriate list. When your product is added a pink tick appears and you can continue browsing.
STEP 4: To share your list with friends, go to your lists page (click on the home icon at the top of the page and select Lists just below it). All your lists are accessible in the left side navigation (alternatively use this link http://dressipi.com/collections/lists/ ).
STEP 5: All your lists are private until you choose to share – simply click on the ‘change sharing settings’ (see below) and choose to share via email, Facebook or Twitter.
STEP 6: You can view the page that your friends will see – and at anytime change your sharing of any list back to private.
The few weeks before Christmas are busy for most of us and it’s the same at Dressipi HQ. Apart from polishing and refining the amazing service that we love sharing with our fabulous Dressipi subscribers I’ve also been juggling other styling projects that make the advice we bring as up-to-the minute and topical as possible. I’ve been fortunate enough to be working with the heavenly Emma Bunton for a few months now and was thrilled to be asked to help find her dress for the Viva Forever Premiere last night. Emma has a fabulous figure that looks incredible in sculpting figure hugging silhouettes. She fell in love with an electric blue lace dress by Erdem which we tweaked to make perfect for her petite frame.
Cut from delicate lace Erdem’s Drisana gown skimmed over a fitted black sheath and we added a pop of colour with Olga Berg’s emerald green satin clutch and a hint of sparkle with Theo Fennell’s diamond drop earrings. Emma’s look was a fabulous example of this season’s romance with lace and a fresh perspective on a how sumptuous, ornate fabrics are updated in deep shocks of colour and modern shapes. Tara x
Posted December 11, 2012on:
“What should I buy in the sales?” a question I get asked a lot of time. It really depends what you are looking for. Investment pieces like a fabulous coat, a great pair of shoes, or that lust-have designer bag that you know will last a life time. On the other hand it could be those high-top wedge trainers that you thought you might like to try because everyone in the office is wearing them … but not at that crazy price. So it all really depends. Donna our savvy sales shopper really can sniff out a great designer deal. Armed with a great discount (for one day only) at My-Wardrobe here are the pieces she snapped up. Here is why in the grand fashion scheme of things they are very clever buys from must-have basics with a twist to how-to-do-next-season now (all catwalk pics style.com):
1. By Malene Birger white tuxedo blazer: Have a look at the catwalk collections for next season and you will see that the tuxedo is king. Or queen for that matter. From Raf Simon’s gorgeous waist-cinching creations at his debut Dior show to Nicolas Ghesquière’s sculptural masterpieces for what was to be his final show for Balenciaga. There was a tuxedo tale to tell in every city from suiting to dresses, New York to Milan. So this white tuxedo blazer is quite a find. As well as being utterly versatile (think perfect partner to jeans and floor-sweeping gown) it channels next season’s trend perfectly. You can snap one up from Phase Eight and DKNY too.
2. Michael Michael Kors animal print maxi skirt: Although very much an on-trend pattern for autumn/winter, you’ll find animal print (think leopard and snake skin effect) popping up season after season. It is very much a timeless classic. So this piece operates on two-levels. It’s one of those “I’ll try out the print but only when it’s on sale” pieces but it will also work your wardrobe from autumn/winter to spring/summer. You might also like to keep your eye out for some fabulous animal print accessories and knits come sales time. They’ll update a look in a flash:
3. Vanessa Bruno Athé black jumper: Finally, have a look at your Must Haves. It’s the perfect place to start to build the foundations of a good wardrobe. This round neck black jumper is a great basic piece with a twist. The twist comes in the form of the statement stud detail which gives a great modern update. In fact talking of jumpers the sales are a great time to snap up knitwear especially cashmere. Take inspiration from Karl Lagerfeld’s recent Chanel pre-fall collection which was cosy-chic at it’s very best! This Uniqlo cashmere jumper and longline COS cashmere-mix piece will form a fabulous base on which to add tartan scarves and deep tone beanies for winter and a touch of printed silk come spring. Natalie x
QUESTION: I need some help with the way I dress, I’m a pear shape. I love being vintage with a twist of fashion. Im 22 with a lowish budget. Any help or advice you could give thanks.
ANSWER: Take the prom style dress as your basic shape and then add to it with denim and leather jackets and cropped cardigans. This style of dress is very flattering for your shape as it draws attention to your slim shoulders and upper body and disguises the hip area with the lovely feminine full skirt. It has a great vintage feel and will give you an individual look.
1. Dorothy Perkins, red dress, £45: This dress would be fab for a night out, wear with black fishnet tights for a strong vintage feel. Red is one of your investment colours and add a cropped biker jacket or little cardigan like this black fitted piece from George at Asda. Wear a skinny belt over the cardigan done up and you have another outfit.
2. H! by Henry Holland print top £20: This acrobat print top will look great with jeans or slim trousers, the peplum shape will highlight your slim waist and the scoop neck gives a lovely shape around the collarbone.
3. New Look dove print dress £16.99: This dress is a great daytime option, wear with a cropped cardigan or a denim jacket.
4. New Look leather biker jacket £39.99: This jacket is a bit of a bargain, its on sale, it has a fitted waist and is a great length for teaming with your dresses. I hope this has given you some ideas on a figure flattering vintage style on a budget. Nicki x
They really are teasing us aren’t they?! I cannot wait for the movie version of Les Misérables to hit our screens. First it was a December launch. Now it’s January 11th. Unlike Hollywood, fashion waits for no one. It’s only been a few months since that gorgeous black Balenciaga gown with a ruffle and sliver of white hit the spring/summer 2013 catwalk.
That same black-ruffle-white-trim detail that I still don’t have a trend name for and that a lot of designers did. Never mind. Cut to last night at the London premier of Les Mis and there was actress Amanda Seyfreid working the red carpet in said Balenciaga gown. Which technically speaking has already filtered through onto the high street inspiring this ultra-chic little black cocktail dress from Zara. See, fashion waist for no one. Natalie x
There is nothing more spellbinding than a Chanel show. From the moment you receive that embossed invitation the Chanelesque mood is set. You know that you are going to step into a world that is head-to-toe Chanel from the clothes to the chairs for the audience. I’ve been to Chanel shows where swimming pools have been turned into catwalks, complete with lifeguards in Chanel swimwear; I’ve seen shows with live music performances and where even the macaroons are in that ultra-chic Chanel black and white. I still have the little Chanel stamped flask that was filled with of hot soup to keep us warm one Couture show. Og and the pink Chanel embossed parasol . It’s impossible to put into words the fabulous theatre of an experience these shows are. So you can just imagine how spectacular the Chanel Pre-Fall 2013 show in Scotland’s Linlithgow Palace was last night. This is the palace where Mary Queen of Scots was born. I lived the show vicariously thanks to twitter and fashion sites. Have a scroll below and also click on the link at some of the pictures from www.style.com as well as the fabulous review by Tim Blanks. You can also click over to www.chanel.com for behind the scenes snapshots as well as this amazing picture of the palace. (pics style.com and chanel.com)