Archive for June 2013
Last night I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Internet Retailing Awards – a fantastic event which aims to seek out and recognise the greatest achievements of today’s leading multichannel retailers. Taking place at the spectacular venue that is SUSHISAMBA atop the 39th floor of the Heron Tower (so high my ears popped as we zoomed up in the glass lift!) it was no surprise that the view was certainly something to behold.
I was given the brilliant task of judging the best dressed male and female guest of the evening. In amongst sips of champagne and mouthfuls of delicious teriyaki cod with coconut rice, sushi and sticky pork morsels, I managed to dart around, picking who I thought stood out amongst the crowd of well dressed part-goers. This was certainly no mean feat, as everyone certainly dressed to impress.
There were a variety of trends which caught my eye, in particular this wonderful monochrome ensemble, complete with a gorgeous gold necklace and killer peep-toe heels. Bold prints in bodycon fabrics were also out in full force teamed with blazers and eye-catching statement necklaces. Try this Weekend MaxMara knitted monochrome pencil skirt, or this ASOS floral dress for a similar feel
There were also more subtle nods to the floral trend, such as summery floaty tops with skinny jeans and gold heeled sandals.
Being a sucker for all things feathery, I couldn’t help but notice this fantastic black feather clutch – giving a glamorous feel to any outfit.
The overall winner however, was this lovely lady, who had me green with envy over her beautiful Acne dress, clashing clutch, camel coloured coat, and Alexander McQueen heels (I sadly didn’t manage to get the shoes in the shot due to the lack of space…but trust me, they were amazing). Congratulations!
A big thanks goes out to Internet Retailing, for putting on such a fantastic and memorable event.
There’ve been so many society weddings these last few weeks it’s difficult to keep up with who was wearing what, where and when. So I’ve homed in on Prince Harry’s girlfriend Cressida Bonas simply because I really like her midnight blue sequin jacket and long floaty dress combination which makes a refreshing difference from all that nipped-in-at-the-waist strong tailoring usually associated with best dressed wedding guests. You know you will get a lot of fashion milage out of a fluid sequin number like this. Like the more structured chic biker style bouclé jackets – also a good wedding piece – this jacket will style jeans and flats and a ball gown if needs be. So it’s the perfect investment piece. Remember to break things up colour wise when it comes to accessories. If you want to do one colour top-to-toe then go for different shades of that colour, or go for bold with clashing contrasts. Natalie x
We’re quite spoilt for choice this sale season and it’s worth having a little shop around as you might find the same item of clothing that you are hopelessly in love with at a much cheaper price elsewhere.
1. Wildfox black t-shirt: Take my all time favourite t-shirts by the brand Wildfox. These vintage inspired styles with cute slogans are of exceptional quality – think silky smooth jersey. I snapped up this black “Star Crossed Lovers” piece from the Harrods sale for £29.95 (it was £60). It’s on sale at ASOS for £42. Harrods does not have it online but they do have this mint green one which I am going to go and buy at the weekend…like totally!
2. Paul & Joe Sister print dress: Elena snapped up this beautiful summer dress in a retro print with a flattering v-neckline. You can style this with a nude coloured camisole if it is too revealing. Go for something with a flash of lace which will work perfectly with the feminine feel of the pattern:
3. Sigerson Morrison sandals: When it comes to shoes it has been the season of the mid-heel. And mid-heel does not mean frumpy by any means thanks to the ultra sexy pointed courts styles or the hip and cool gladiator style sandals. Donna found these beauties at The Outnet which work perfectly with her tall willowy frame:
….as well as these gorgeous pieces by Day Birger Et Mikkelsen which she discovered at the House of Fraser sale:
4. Hobbs printed trousers £44: Sarah found the perfect way to dabble in this season’s obsession with printed trousers by snapping up this style from Hobbs (down from £89). These are great for achieving that casual-to-smart look as they work perfectly with a summery wedge and a t-shirt or strappy killer heels and silky blouse:
Remember to think Dressipi Fashion Fingerprint when you are battling your way through the sales crowds and choices. That way you’ll unearth those perfect pieces that will fit and flatter you …with not a regret-purchase in sight. You can also use your Dressipi Sales Alert List if you want to wait for the best possible deal right until the bitter end. Natalie x
Posted June 24, 2013on:
QUESTION: I am going to a fancy lunch the day after my sister’s wedding (its in July) and would love a new outfit (I would like to wear a dress). It is a garden party where everyone will be dressed up quite smartly, but not overly so. I am willing to spend up to £200 for the whole outfit.
ANSWER: Garden parties are always the most lovely summer events, and I’m sure it will be extra special seeing as it is following your sister’s wedding.
1. Topshop dress, £48: – This bandage skater dress is great for your figure and will show off your enviable slim legs. The colour is gorgeous for the summer months too and will keep your look smart but with a hint of fun.
2. Mango jacket, £69.99: – No one can go wrong with a white tailored jacket this summer; they’re the perfect cover up for anything from a formal occasion to a weekend jeans look. If you feel you need a cover up for the garden party, then this cropped bouclé jacket from Mango will be perfect. Alternatively you could opt for a little white cardi to keep your look more relaxed.
3. Zara clutch, £29.99: – Brights and prints work really well together this season, so this clutch from Zara that you have liked on your page will be the perfect accompaniment to your dress.
4. ASOS sandal, £45: – A heeled sandal is the perfect piece for top-to-toe loveliness. These ones from ASOS will make a great evening heel too, and they have an on-trend metal trim.
5. Zara sandals £49.99: If you want something slightly more casual, a lower block heel will look just as cute. We love these white ones from Zara. The final piece to the puzzle can be anything from a gorgeous cuff to a pair of ornate earrings- the choice is yours! We hope to have given you some fashion inspiration and are sure you will look fabulous at both events. Ria x
Gorgeous prints, wild colours and that ultra-stylish New York chic are words you’ll find sit perfectly well with designer brand Milly by Michelle Smith. Now Smith brings her Manhattan cool and love for all things fashion and art to the high street with this fabulous collection of pieces for Banana Republic. As you can see she has filtered down her catwalk inspirations into easy-to-wear summer dresses and covetable accessories to add a fashion pick-me-up to any look. Natalie x
Milly for Banana Republic:
1. Milly green and white print dress was £421 now £294
2.. Milly for Banana Republic woven clutch £74.95
3. Milly for Banana Republic maxi dress £110
4. Milly for Banana Republic fit-and-flare dress £99
Milly by Michelle Smith:
1. Milly little black dress was £400 now £240
2. Milly pink mini satchel £161.28
3. Milly green clutch £284.90
4. Milly for Banana Republic bib necklace £49.95