Archive for July 2013
She gave us Jimmy Choos. For that we are eternally grateful. And now, as she tells vogue.com, come November she is giving us her own lifestyle brand consisting of ready-to-wear, shoes and accessories, with sunglasses and fragrances to follow. The brand will be called Tamara Mellon. I love the sound of a fashion range that, as she puts it, you can “buy now wear now”. That means winter coats that are sold in September and not in July! What’s more jumpsuits, cigarette pants, structured jackets, trench coats and my all time favourite leopard print will form the core of her collections. Click through to vogue.com for a sneak preview and scroll down for our high street take on those key pieces. Natalie x
1. Topshop tailored blazer £65
2. Zara black jumpsuit £59.99
3. Whistles leopard print linen t-shirt £35
4. Reiss black trousers £110
5. Zara trench coat £79.99
6. New Look red clutch £9.99
Posted July 30, 2013on:
Posted July 29, 2013on:
ANSWER: The look you are going for is a great one for work it has all the makings of being a smart, stylish and relaxed outfit.
1. New Look, Boyfriend Jeans, £19.99:– This inexpensive and versatile boyfriend fit jeans are great for you, creating some curves and making the most of your slim frame. You’ll definitely get a lot of wear from these weather it be with a slouchy tee and wedges for the weekend or dressed up for work.
2. H&M, Blouse, £19.99:– A loose fitting blouse is instant chic especially in refreshing white, this blouse has a slight shimmer to it making it slightly more formal. Or go for some oomph with this pussy bow blouse from Forever 21 £13.99: 3. Mango, Blouse, £14.99:- Not a far cry from white but still a definite wardrobe staple, a chic blouse in blush will be a great update when wearing these jeans again: 4. H&M, Blazer, £24.99:– Create some waist definition with a tailored jacket, and go for super comfort with this jacket in sturdy jersey fabric. A black blazer is a wardrobe staple and will tie your outfit together for work mode. 5. Asos, Heels, £25:- Finish off your outfit with a gorgeous pair of heels, peep toes are great if you have after work drinks planned and the platform fit will carry you through the day in comfort. Complete the look with delicate gold jewelry and a classic red manicure. SarahA x
Posted July 26, 2013on:
It’s not hard to see why Kate Moss is the queen of style and we love the way she has used her accessories to add a witty and quirky feel to an ultra chic little black dress. This Marilyn Monroe-like fit-and-flare Prada dress gives a sense of shapely curves and it’s really helped by the billowing skirt in the wind situation that is going on. Pure movie start magic. Continuing along our theme of fun clashing prints from last week, Moss has worked her style magic by contrasting a zebra print Longchamp black and white clutch with and ever-so-elegant pair of multicoloured Christian Louboutin heels. If you want to create the look here is how. Oh, and once achieved, don’t forgot to have a Marilyn moment and strike a pose. Natalie x
1. Preen by Thornton Bregazzi below the knee dress £940.
2. McQ Alexander McQueen taffeta dress £567.75.
3. LK Bennett embellished waist detail dress £275.
4. Dorothy Perkins lace detail dress £18.
5. Sophia Webster polka-dot multi-coloured heels £440.
6. Dune t-bar pink multi-coloured sandals £89
Ohhhh! Now this is a date for the diary! I am typing this in my little black Issa Love dress from a few years back which is quite apt as Issa is launching a high street collaboration with Banana Republic. Beyond exciting. Mark the 8th August in your diaries – now. Kate Middleton looked fabulous in her blue and white polka dot Jenny Packham dress as she introduced her little prince (I don’t mean Wills) to the world yesterday but who will ever forget that cobalt blue Issa silk jersey number she wore to announce her engagement to her other Prince? Issa dresses have become one of those beyond-versatile wardrobe staples. Think beach, cocktail hour, work, red-carpet, lounging around at home. This may go some way in justifying the wear-per-pound high prices of these gems. So we love the news that you will be able to get your hands on high street versions of that gorgeous blue number, amongst other lust-haves. As I said, mark August 8th in your style diaries. Natalie x
QUESTION: I have a reunion in september and have no idea what to wear. I am open to wearing a dress. I cannot wear heels higher than 4 inches either. My budget is £60.
ANSWER: With a budget of £60, it is a good idea to stick with only a few components such as a lovely dress and a pair of on-trend heels. The September weather can be rather unpredictable, so a little cardi or jacket may also be a good idea. I’m not sure weather your reunion is a daytime affair or an evening event, so here are a couple of suggestions to cover both.
1. George @ Asda dress, £14: – For a chic evening look this simple jersey wrap dress from one of your favourite brands can be a dress to impress. All you need to do is team it with some gorgeous accessories and a pretty pair of heels and you’ll ‘wow’ all your old friends. The shape and style is perfect for your figure too.
2. New Look heel, £19.99: – A snake print shoe is very chic and will give you instant style points for your outfit. This pair from New Look have a mid heel so should be perfect for you.
3. Warehouse clutch, £26: – A pop of colour can really set an outfit off, and a bright clutch is a great way to do it.
4. H&M cuff, £6.99: – Jewellery is a great way to dress up your look and make an outfit your own. We love this chunky, silver cuff from H&M.
For a daytime look you can follow similar rules. Opt for a jersey wrap dress in a bright colour or fun print (leave black for the evening), and team it with a cute pair of ballet flats and a chunky piece of jewellery. Switch the clutch for a tote bag in complimentary colour.
We hope we have given you some fashion inspiration, do let us know how you get on as it’s great receiving feedback. Have a fab time at your reunion! Ria x