Archive for October 2013
1. Topshop dress £35
2. New Look grey tote £24.99
3. ASOS shoe boot £95
4. Maison Scotch cardigan £95
5. Marc by Marc Jacobs scarf £135
6. Proenza Schouler ankle boots £565
7. Coast clutch £70
8. New Look burgundy coat £59.99
QUESTION: I have a winter wedding in the North of Scotland and need some help with what to wear. I was thinking about a dress but will need a cover up. I need to be able to dance in the outfit and be comfortable as it is an all day and evening event.
1. Hoss Intropia Dress, £259: – The fitted waist makes this dress the ideal shape for you, and we absolutely adore the fabric detailing as it adds a real wow factor to your outfit. Team with simple accessories like a delicate pair of drop earrings:
2. Phase Eight Dress, £195: – Dark green will look beautiful against your skin and will really suit a winter wedding. The elegant cap sleeves are very flattering, however you may need a shawl or bolero to cover your arms for later in the evening:
3. Monsoon Jacket, £59: – A black bolero can often cheapen an outfit, however we love this structured crop sleeve jacket by Monsoon as the tailored fit gives it a really expensive feel. It is classic and very chic, which will accompany your dress rather than try and take the credit!
4. Reiss Shoes, £139: – When it comes to shoes, the best thing to do is purchase a versatile pair that look fabulous with a selection of outfits you already own. These lace trim black courts do just that – and will also look really lovely with a pencil skirt or a work shift dress. The heel is also high enough to give you great posture, yet not so high that can’t move in them:
5. BCBG Max Azria Clutch, £161: – If you chose a colourful dress, it’s best to keep all your accessories understated by wearing shoes and a bag that are simple and elegant. A black clutch is timeless, so it’s worth investing in one that will still look great in 10 years to come:
6. Coast Hat, £45: – Weddings are a fantastic reason to wear a head piece and we adore this structured ‘hatinator’ as it is more sterdy than a collection of feathers, yet isnt as full-on as an actual hat. Go for a neutral style rather than one in the exact same colour as your dress to avoid that matchy look:
7. Coast Bracelet, £25: – Rather than drape yourself in jewels, stick to one beautiful piece, for example a cocktail ring or a crystal bracelet. KAREN X
And the nation and the world breathed a collective doting “awwww” as we all got our second glimpse of baby Prince George. I loved all the colour co-ordinating that went on amongst the guests, godparents and family. It was a day of baby blues and biscuit-ivory hues. The Duchess of Cambridge looked fabulous in a lust-have Alexander McQueen dream. Not too easy to snap up on the high street. But those wonderfully neutral tones will work their magic in a number of ways. BHS has been sneaking up on the rest of the high street with their autumn/winter offerings. There are some fabulous looking pencil skirts, dresses and on-trend accessories. For the purposes of all things baby and royal, this wispy dress can be kept understated and chic or dressed up with sparklier looking metallic heel. The Alexander McQueen dresses and jackets are ALL about creating that fabulous nipped-in-at-the-waist look. When it comes to jackets a peplum-detail will create a wonderfully shapely illusion – if you don’t have a waist. If you do happen to be blessed in the waist-definition area, a peplum detail will give you a turbo boost. Quite perfect really. Now just top and tail your look with a pair Kate Middleton’s signature LK Bennett heels and a neat and chic Coast headpiece. Perfect really. Natalie x
1. BHS dress embellished dress £55
2. Coast headpiece £45
3. Jane Norman jacket £39
4. LK Bennett heels £195
This Zara coat has an uncanny resemblance to this hot-off-the-catwalk Stella McCartney cashmere number. If you are more of a dare to go boldly type of person as opposed to the powdery-pink-coat-of-the-season type then this warm wrap of tartan might be just your thing.
Stella McCartney £1,800