Archive for December 2013
QUESTION: I have a winter wedding at a Golf Club coming up with no idea what to wear. Please help!
ANSWER: We always love a winter wedding here at Dressipi as it makes a lovely change from the the usual spring and summer ones. Here are some ideas we hope you will love
1. Issa, dress £545: Issa is known for it’s classic wrap dresses that are as chic as can be. In a gorgeous silk jersey fabric, this one comes in a beautiful broody bright shade which is perfect for these cold winter months. It will look gorgeous against your skin tone, and the long sleeves make it a little more season appropriate. This piece is a ‘blow-out’ option, however it would make an amazing investment due to it’s fabulous shape and versatility.
2. Alexon, dress £49: If the Issa dress really is too much to splash out on, we love this lace sleeve piece from Alexon as an alternative. The lace detail adds the glam-factor that a winter wedding is crying out for.
3.- Carvela by Kurt Geiger, court £120: You can’t beat a classic black court shoe; they’re so versatile and perfectly elegant. This suede pair from Carvela by Kurt Geiger will look gorgeous with whichever dress you choose!
4. Monsoon, clutch £25: No winter wedding is complete without a little sparkle. Add yours with this lovely metallic glitter clutch from Monsoon- a great bargain as it’s currently on sale!
5. H&M, cuff £14.99: We love the gothic decadence of this cuff from H&M which you have liked on your page. It makes the perfect accompaniment to the rest of your outfit and gives a little nod to one of this season’s favourite trends.
A fur stole or shrug would be a fantastic option to complete your outfit and give you some added warmth. There are some gorgeous pieces around at the moment that ooze old school glamour.
We hope we have given you some fashion inspiration. Have a fab time at the wedding!
1. Saint Laurent £1,915
2. Topshop £100
Posted December 16, 2013on:
QUESTION: My in laws are having a golden anniversary celebration in Jan and we are getting dressed up (guys in tuxes) so we can have photos taken. It’s an all day celebration so not really a long dress occasion, can you suggest an outfit please. Prob looking to spend no more than £100 on a dress.
ANSWER: The celebration you are attending sounds like a lot of fun and the perfect opportunity to dress up a bit glam!
1. Untold, dress £81: – A peplum style is incredibly flattering and will accentuate your petite waist – a firm favourite of actresses like Charlize Theron and Kate Hudson. Winter 2013 is all about deep tones, so this aubergine shade is absolutely spot on! Team with either sheer or black tights and a pair of court shoes and remember to keep all accessories simple to avoid miss-match prints:
2. Closet, dress, £45: – You’ve mentioned that red is one of your favourite shades to wear, so we’ve selected a cowl neck shift which adds a soft feminine touch to the tailored structure. Pop on a cardigan or chic blazer to cover your arms:
3. French Connection Dress, £60: – Colour blocking is a clever way of creating a flattering silhouette and you’re one of the lucky ones who can pull off this slim fitting style! The monochrome tone allows you to wear any of the wonderful jewelled coloured clutch bags available on the high-street:
We adore this Turquoise clutch from ASOS clutch £28:
4. M&Co Dress, was £79 now £50: – As the celebration is in January, you may want to opt for a long sleeved dress rather than adding a shrug over cover-up to keep you warm. This red lace number will look fantastic all year round and can be jazzed up with a pair of drop earrings or your favourite necklace:
5.Lipsy Dress, £60: – We spotted this gorgeous fuchsia dress in your ‘liked’ items – ideal for this occasion and will look lovely against your fair skintone. The embellished neckline adds the perfect amount of sparkle and the hemline sits appropriately just above the knee!
We hope we have helped with your fashion query, do let us know how you get on as we love receiving feedback. Have a wonderful time at the celebration! Karen x
QUESTION: I have a pair of Hudson Horrigan boots in beige suede, I love them but having always been a knee length boots girl I get the fear I look ‘wrong’ whenever I wear them! Any tips generally for getting the best out of them? I am a committed skinny jeans girl.
ANSWERED: I’ve checked out your boots and they are definitely going to carry you through the seasons in style. The fact that you love a good pair of skinnies is great as this is the best style of jeans for your boots. Here’s a few outfit options we hope you’ll love.
1. Zara, Coat £79.99:– Whether in the city or the country a great pea style coat always says winter chic. And the black will go great with your boots, team with skinny jeans and simple top for some Christmas shopping and lunch with friends.
2. Pull & Bear, Jeans £29.99:- I think the colour of your boots will work great with these shaded jeans as they both have that not too polished look.
3. Mango, Top £19.99:– Keep it simple with this top the length will help create some curves and balance your proportions. Add a country checked blazer when the weather warms up again.
4. H&M, Scarf £34.99:– Cashmere during the winter is a must have but instead of breaking the bank for a coat add this gorgeous super soft camel scarf. It will sit so well on the black pea coat.
5. Mango, Jeans £29.99:– Black jeans will definitely still work with your boots. And you can even still wear the simple cream top with this pair. Try this skinny black pair from Mango for a great fit and price!
6. Pull & Bear, Coat £39.99:– If you opt for black jeans try a grey coat to break up the colours and you can still wear the cashmere treat with this outfit. I hope you love our suggestions. SarahA x
Now that the much anticipated collection by L’Wren Scott has launched at Banana Republic you have two choices when it comes to stepping out in a sultry looking black velvet blazer:- you can go haute or you high … and both by the same designer. Perfect.
L’Wren Scott jacket £1541.90
L’Wren Scott Collection for Banana Republic jacket £159