Archive for January 2014
Monochrome is going to be high on the spring/summer hit list. If you’re not up for bold black and white colour-blocking or wild pattern and print, do what Jessica Alba did. Pick a gorgeous lace (texture of the season) dress in a crisp, cool white and then accessorise it with black. This will give you a hint of the trend. When it comes to the shoes stick to strappy sandals. A court will look heavy, unless it has an ultra thin stiletto heel and sharp point. Her knuckleduster has softened all that pretty lace. This is dress is a great piece to carry you through the summer months. Add a tan coloured wedge and oversized shades for a day occasion or give it an evening make-over with metallic accessories in edible sorbet shades. Natalie x
1. Maxmara dress £298, 3. Marc Jacobs sandals £435 and 2. sunglasses £188, 4. Balmain cuff £199, 5. Marc by Marc Jacobs bag £275, 6. M&S sunglasses £15, 7. New Look bracelet £5.99, 8. ASOS sandals £42, 9. Zara clutch £25.99
QUESTIONS: Have finally succumbed to recommended biker jacket (see attached). Was wondering whether you could recommend a few pieces, in particular some tops/dresses that could complement the new jacket.
ANSWER: We love this biker jacket that you have bought, and a piece like this is always such a great investment as not only are they good transitional pieces, but they look amazing thrown over almost anything- good choice! We hope we can give you some ideas that you will love:
1. Awear dress, £20: – ‘Fit-and-flare’ or ‘skater’ dresses are a great style for you as they conceal all the areas of your body that you aren’t as confident about, which will make you feel comfortable whilst remaining stylish. Biker jackets look great over these dresses, and you can team them with anything from a flat ankle boot or ballet flat, to a higher heeled shoe boot for a slightly dressier look. Both prints and plain pieces will look fab, so keep it simple and chic or go as bold as you like!
2. H&M DRESS £12.99:- A simple jersey dress in a neutral shade is great wardrobe basic. You can also style this with a belted cardigan:
3. Oasis dress £20:– In one of your favourite colours you can dress this up for a night out, wear it with tailored blazer for work or a more casual dinner look with your leather jacket:
4. H&M blouse, £14.99: – Every woman needs a few staple blouses in their wardrobe as they are a great way to add femininity to an outfit. Something like this blouse from H&M which comes in one of your investment colours will look fab worn with jeans and under your biker jacket. The soft volume will flatter your figure whilst the floaty fabric will switch up your look from being super casual. It can be worn for work or evening too:
5. H&M t-shirt, £6.99: – A lot can be said for an outfit made up of a few wardrobe basics, and sometimes the most stylish of fashion folk rely on these pieces for their most chic casual looks. A simple grey tee with v-neck is a great piece to wear under your jacket, and will look amazing under a loose jumper/cardi or a sleek blazer too. Ria x
1. Reiss dress £179, 2. Zara bag £39.99, 3. Rebecca Taylor jacket £395, 4. Noir Jewellery earrings £90, 5. Sam Edelman heels £165, 6. Stella McCartney bag £660, 7. Topshop jacket £165, 8. New Look earrings £4.99, 9. Pour La Victoire heels £125.