Archive for April 2014
QUESTION: Please could you advise – my 14 yr daughter will be attending a wedding in the spring and is has a size 14 bust but only size 10 waist/hips. What style/ideas would best suit her body shape? Budget £100
ANSWER: When picking the outfit, look for v-necks or scoop necks, rather than high-neck styles, as the lower neckline will create a very flattering upper half by complementing the bust. A fit-and-flare style will balance out her upper and lower body proportions. With this in mind, we’ve picked some of our favourite options we think you and your daughter will love:
1. Asos Dress, £31.50: – Deep purple looks lovely all year round, so your daughter will definitely get a lot of wear out of this option! The pleated waist will even out her proportions and the dress length sits very appropriately just above the knee. A delicate necklace will be the only piece of jewellery she’ll need:
2. Oasis Dress, £55: – Cowl necklines sit really well with a larger bust as the loose fabric floats over rather than hugs the bust line. The belt will accentuate your daughters slim waist whilst the soft pleats will create a lovely line over her hips: A small cream shoulder bag and matching cream open toe flats will be a wonderful accompaniment to this summery coral number:
3. Asos Dress, £47.50: – A short sleeve is ideal for spring as your daughters shoulders will be covered during the wedding ceremony without needing to buy a shawl. The lace details also adds an elegant feminine touch and Dressipi HQ are raving about this deep turquoise, flattering for every skin tone!
4. Warehouse Dress, £65: -Bright florals are incredibly sophisticated and spot on for spring! This dress will help create the enviable 1950’s silhouette, perfect for keeping your daughters modesty whilst showing a fun playful side! Team with a cropped hot pink cardigan and a pair of metallic ballet flats:
We hope this has given some fashion inspiration for your daughter! We hope she has a wonderful time at the wedding and do let us know how it all goes as we love receiving feedback. Karen x
QUESTION: I have been invited to a very special daytime event and the dress code is listed as Lounge Suite. Please can you help me with recommendations on what this actually means for a lady.
ANSWER: As it is a daytime event, you should look for dress styles that are sophisticated with interesting detailing, rather than lots of embellishment and jewels. A sleeve would be very appropriate as you won’t need to wear a shawl or matching jacket.
1. Reiss dress, £169: – A sophisticated fit and flare dress is your perfect go-to outfit. The slim waist will show off your smallest part, whilst the a-line skirt creates a soft feminine silhouette. Add a statement necklace or a pair of jewelled earrings to jazz up your ensemble:
2. Karen Millen dress, £190: – It’s always worth investing in a few key pieces each season that are classic and will look great in five years time. As red is one of your investment colours, we’ve chosen a pleated waist shift dress, elegant and very suitable for the event you are attending. Team with a black clutch and black peep-toe stilettos:
3. Asos dress, £42: – The wide neckline on this navy dress shows just the right amount of skin and it sits suitably on the knee, ideal for a daytime function. As the cut is classic, keep you accessories understated with a neat shoulder back and a delicate silver bracelet:
4. Whistles dress, £89: – If you’re feeling a little daring, why not add a burst of colour to the room with this orange shift dress by Whistles. The tailored fit is perfect for showing off your petite frame and can be worn throughout the winter with black tights and black patent court shoes. Karen x