Archive for May 2014
Posted May 26, 2014on:
QUESTION: I want to wear the dress attached to a wedding in August. The neckline is quite low so I would like a necklace which helps fill the space and a coverup which I can wear during the service. I thought about a jacket but the wedding will be young and trendy and I thought that might look a bit old? I’m 34 and want to look sophisticated and modern.
I don’t have a large clothing budget £100.00 would be 1 months allowance but I could spend more for something that I could wear a lot.
ANSWER: Your dress is great, really feminine and occasion worthy. Statement necklaces are just the thing to make a style statement with your print dress and instead of cover up think chic blazer!
1. Zara, Jacket, £79.99 : This chic blazer is comes in a lovely nude, and I love the fact that the shape has structure but the fabric is fluid. Think worthy investment with this piece as it is incredibly versatile dressed up or down. The unconventional collar will work with your v-neck dress, you won’t want to take it off:
2. Topshop, Jacket, £48: A more structured fit Is great for cinching in the waist and balancing the proportions. Another versatile style with a more attractive price tag. It’s not too long in the body which is great for a more petite frame:
3. Evans, Necklace, £16.50: Evans have hit the nail on the head with this gorgeous necklace, it will instantly lift your outfit and show off your style credentials. Wear it the next time you wear a neutral blazer for a fashion fix:
4. Boohoo, Necklace, £8.00: The turquoise in this necklace will compliment the print of your dress perfectly as well as the gold tones. This necklace is an accessory lovers must have piece and you’ll be wearing it for occasions to come. SarahAx
I noticed this dress whilst sourcing product for the site. Wow! It’s a real winner. Long enough not to be too short and with the perfect amount of ruching for waist-scultping, or tummy flattering, or both. The black version has already sold out. Quelle surprise. But you can also get it in a soft grey. It has a Helmut Lang, T by Alexander Wang, James Perse, All Saints feel to it at a snip of the price. The grey gives it a more casual feel whilst this bolt-from-the-blue shade is perfect for taking this dress all the way to a stylish evening out. If like me you are not such a huge fan of long floaty kaftans when it comes to holiday dressing this number is ideal. Floaty kaftans always make me feel like I am wearing pyjamas even though I know I can pull them off, but look perfectly YSL-vintage-chic on my friends which is why you should stick with the style adage if you don’t feel comfortable in something don’t wear it even if everyone tells you you look fabulous. Anyway when it comes to holiday dressing if you’re a bit like me this piece is ideal with a summer wedge and straw tote. Add a printed jacket for a lunch in the city look … and there’s no dress that a must-have metallic heel and a bit of high street bling cannot turn into an evening lust-have. Natalie x
1. H&M dress £24.99
2. Mango jacket £59.99
3. ASOS earrings £10
4. GAP bag now £29.95
5. Ancient Greek Sandals sandals £110
6. Rebecca Taylor jacket £395
7. MICHAEL Michael Kors clutch £120.77
Posted May 19, 2014on:
QUESTION: I’ve bought this dress from Coast to wear to a wedding in Cyprus and also to 2 weddings here in the UK. I’m planning on wearing wedges and a pink box clutch bag from River Island but I’m stuck on what jewellry I should wear with it. Could you help please? My budget is £25 max (preferably £20) for earrings and bracelet together.
ANSWER: This dress is the perfect choice for weddings at home and abroad – I am loving the pastel tones and gorgeous print. A few well placed accessories are just what’s needed to finish off this outfit in style.
1. Topshop earrings, £4.50:– Sporting an up do will show off your shoulders as well as these gorgeous sparkly studs. They’ll pick up on the pink tones in your dress and as well as looking ultra chic.
2. ASOS earrings, £5:– Try these stylish teardrop studs for a real fashion feel to your ensemble. Great for summer and versatile. You’ll not want to take these off.
3. Mango Cuff, £14.99:– As soon as I saw your halter neck dress I thought a cuff bangle would be a great style to go with it. This gold Mango cuff is perfect for the occasion and can be worn further up your arm for a more Grecian look. SarahA x
Paul Smith dress £237
Phase Eight dress was £89 now £71.20
HOW TO WEAR YOURS:
Denim is summer’s hot new texture. Whether you’re going for a double deluxe take like denim shirt with denim jeans, or something sleeker and more elegant like these shifts, this fabulous fabric is a wonderful blank canvas to dress up or down. We love the figure sculpting appeal of these two versions. Dress up with a bold bright sandal and add one of summer’s fun patterned clutch bags or go for a timeless animal print. Dress down with neutral tones and earthy textures. Which way will you go – haute or high? Natalie x
Posted May 12, 2014on:
QUESTION: Have organised a girls day at the Races which also includes Tom Jones concert and need some advice on what to wear.
ANSWER: That sounds like a very fun-filled and busy girls’ day that you have planned; if not a little tricky style-wise with the diversity of the day’s activities! As I’m sure you are aware, a day at the races is usually a very glamorous affair which can often have certain ‘rules’ regarding dress code. On the other hand, your concert requires something a little more comfortable and relaxed so you can enjoy the music and get up for a bit of a dance- something that may be difficult after a full day on your feet!
1. Banana Republic dress, £89.95: – A fit-and-flare or ‘skater’ dress is a great option for you as it will create a fab waistline by hugging you at your smallest point, and it skims over the bits you want to hide, like your love handles and thighs. This style is also great as it’s quite an easy one to transform from formal/evening to a more casual look. For the Tom Jones concert just switch heels for a cute pair of flats to give your feet a rest and allow for all the dancing. This piece from Banana Republic is fairly casual and can easily be dressed up or down. It may look simple, but add a few jewels, a pair of heels and a clutch bag and you will be race day ready! PS the colour will look amazing against your skin tone:
2. Oasis dress, £65: – Alternatively you could go for a more formal dress which you can dress down later. This piece from Oasis is amazing, and the belted waist (and colour) is perfect for you:
3. Johnny Loves Rosie clutch, £50: – A metallic clutch will look fab with either dress…we love this structured one which also has a shoulder strap, making it easier when you’re at the concert:
4. Coast sandals, £65: – We love these nude and gold sandals from Coast which will be great for weddings and evenings out afterwards. Again these will go with both dresses and will be perfect race day attire:
5. Zara ballet pumps, £49.99: – For the concert afterwards swap the heels for this pair of comfy flats from Zara (you may need a separate or bigger bag to hide them in). They’re a great option with the Banana Republic dress, however the Oasis piece may be better suited to a lovely pair of flat sandals:
6. Zara jacket £49.99 – A neutral cardi could be the best cover up option for you as it will create a great casual look after your race day, and would make a lovely spring time wardrobe staple too. Or you could go for one of the season’s great light tweed jackets like this chic piece. Dont forget to add some fab jewellery to your look for a super glam vibe. Jewelled earrings would be great with the lime dress, or choose a statement necklace if you wear the blue one. Ria x