Archive for January 2015
Posted January 29, 2015on:
Designers like to take inspiration from far flung locations. This season they turned their fashion fantasies to the Far East. Just look at all those fabulous exotic floral prints and patterns not to mention kimono detailing in sleeves – think subtle or full on. For a stylish spring event layer up your look with this fluid kimono style Dorothy Perkins jacket as a slinky cover-up over Whistles’ chic print dress. These sharp sugary colours need an icy metallic to pull the outfit together and these Charlotte Olympia heels give an art-deco flavour to the look. I love this M&S cuff – it’s a great high street version of one of my favourite jewellery brands Philippe Audibert. Natalie x
I love this time of the year! Even though it’s beyond freezing and I would like to wrap up in a duvet and high heels I can’t help but lust after all the fresh new fashion filtering into stores and online. Pinks and blues and every variation thereof are two key colours for spring. This full skirt in a surgery pink is from M&S and the strong monochrome geometric prints are a great way to make a pastel go for bold. Whilst I wouldn’t usually advocate going top-to-toe blue these differing shades and textures in our designer hits break up this volume shade. Those Saint Laurent tribute pumps come in a perfect-with-everything tan leather too. I love the bomber style of this textured off-white Iro jacket, it makes for a change from classic tailoring and it will take you form day-to-night. Don’t limited any of these dazzling chandelier earrings to evening outfits, have a bit of fun with casual jeans looks … by all means dress up next time you pop out for the papers and a coffee! Natalie x
QUESTION: I am looking for an outfit to wear to a spring wedding. Something fun but stylish that I can wear again. Nothing too clingy as have a slight tummy.
ANSWER: There are some fabulous fresh new pieces hitting the store perfect for a spring wedding and to take you into summer. Look for loser lots to disguise the tummy area or for something with soft rushing or draped pleats over the tummy. With that in mind here is a multi-tasking outfit we hop you will love:
1. Monsoon dress £149: Blue is one of the key colours of the season. This swing dress will flatter your shape by fashionably disgusting your tummy area but still showing off your lovely legs. The dusting of embellishment means you can keep your jewellery to a minimum. It’s the perfect high summer party piece too:
2. Coast coat £125: To beat the spring chill style with a lightweight coat. You don’t have to be matchy-matchy but rather go for different tones of your powdery blue. This coat will dress-up your jeans look when you want to turn things up a gear on your casual outfits:
3. Jane Talyor Millinery hat £220: Have fun with your wedding outfits! Don’t shy away from a gorgeous headpiece.The soft silvery grey of this number will mean tat you can wear it again with darker shades or a gorgeous pastel print:
We speak a lot about wardrobe classics at Dressipi and pieces that have that timeless appeal. Nothing is more go-with-anything than a classic black bag. But sometimes you might want more of the go-with-anything and less of the classic. Like I said last week, just because it is basic does not mean it is blah.These pieces will still last the test of time but it’s the small little details that give a cool fashion update. Valentino has become as synonymous with stud details thanks to its Rock Stud range as it is with red-carpet dressing and Jackie ‘O. Zara has done a leather and suede tote inspired by this designer must-have. These (either!) are great bags. Perfect for work where it will give all that paired back chic a bit of style oomph with. Perfect for weekend shopping as well as being the ideal piece of onboard luggage. So which way will you go? Natalie x
1. Valentino bag £1995
2. Zara bag £89.99
QUESTION: Can you recommend what to include in a capsule wardrobe for the new season. I work in a smart casual work environment and am also a mum. I mainly shop on the high street.
ANSWER: A capsule wardrobe is the best way to get maximum use out of each item in your wardrobe, so a mix-and-match collection should be a selection of clothes you absolutely love wearing and look fabulous on you!
1. Gap Dress, £39.95: – A versatile dress is a wardrobe must have – one that can be worn to work with heeled courts or ballet flats and with flat ankle boots on the weekend. We love this grey number by Gap as the accentuated waist will give you a gorgeous silhouette whilst the pleated skirt softly glides over your hips and bottom. Plus at under £40 you can’t really go wrong!
2. Reiss Trousers, £49: – Navy trousers are a great alternative to jeans and can easily be worn to work with flat loafers or lace up brogues. Instantly smarten up the trousers with a pair of brightly coloured strappy sandals and a tucked-in blouse:
3. Oasis Blouse, now £15: – Pale mint is a gorgeous shade to wear now that New Year is out of the way and Spring is peeping round the corner. Team with the tailored navy trousers or wear loose over a pair of slim fit jeans. Compliment this beautiful pastel shade with a simple necklace or pair of delicate earrings:
4. Banana Republic jeans, £55: – When it comes to jeans, it’s all about getting the perfect shape for your body. Slim leg as apposed to skinny will be a really fab style for you as it will help balance out your proportions without swamping you like a wide leg or boyfriend jean would. Darker blues are often more flattering and the illusion of a slimmer, longer leg is created by the shading down the centre. For casual errands or days out with the kids, pop on a breton stripe sweater. For an smart/casual office outfit, swap with the Oasis blouse and a soft fluid blazer:
5. Uniqlo sweater, £24.90: – We all love a cosy knit sweater and let’s face it, in England you can wear them all year round! Neutral shades always look timeless so we’d suggest a pale colour that can be worn over a pencil skirt for work or with your new pair of jeans. Pop on a printed fabric scarf to add some pattern and colour to your look:
6. Banana Republic Skirt, £55: – A pencil skirt with a slightly high waist is a great style for you as the structured fit creates a flattering slim line. Classic prints are a playful yet sophisticated way of breaking up your outfit so look out for colours that are versatile and can be matched with a bright, pastel or neutral top:
7. Oasis Bag, £38: – complete your capsule wardrobe with a bag for all occasions! A grey shoulder tote bag is a great option as it’s large enough for all the necessities and more. This leather option will be hard wearing and can be slung on when you’re in a hurry. Plus is will only get better with age: Karen x