Archive for April 2015
A new clutch is always a great way to scratch that “I really feel like shopping itch” as well as updating any look. Make sure that you have a versatile go-with-anything piece in a black or gold that will carry you through all seasons. After that, consider the clutch your new accessory in the same way that you would a pair of earrings or print scarf. It’s the perfect way to introduce a pattern to your outfit – think leopard print – or a new season shade…or a fabulous quirky touch – think fruit. The novelty clutch is having its moment in the sun thanks to the likes of Anya Hindmarch and Charlotte Olympia. The high street has also got your fashion fruit basket covered! A slice of watermelon will work your outfits day-to-night. Which way will you go? Natalie x
Actress, style icon, web entrepreneur and new mother on the block, Blake Lively oozed summer loveliness in her Ralph & Russo 2015 Couture gown at the Allure magazine cover party in New York. This spectacular piece embellished with cornflower blue silk roses was handcrafted by the house’s couturiers. You can take style inspiration from this look on the high street with a gorgeous combination of rose print plus a flattering fit-and-flare prom style dress at ASOS. To capture that cornflower blue you could always add a clutch or strappy sandal in the summery shade. This is the perfect outfit for any of those upcoming summer events. Natalie x
Posted April 27, 2015on:
ANSWER: Your night out with the girls sounds like great fun (and a fab excuse for a new outfit!) If you take a look at your Dressipi Fashion Fingerprint, you’ll see which styles suit you best and why.
1. River Island shorts £35: New season prints are a great way to ditch the frumpiness and give your wardrobe a catwalk update. This paisley print perfectly channels the hot-to-trot 70’s trend which is big news for summer. The sleeker navy blue shade and tailored fit of these shorts give an evening and modern feel to the mood…not to mention drawing attention to your legs. The high rise waist has a flattering smoothing effect. You can also wear these for a casual look styled with a comfy tee and Converse trainers or a wedge plus denim jacket: 2. Dorothy Perkins top now £19.60:- Style with a fluid blouse to balance out proportions. The embellished neckline gives a bit of evening glitz to the look:- 3. New Look sandals £34.99:- Ditch the comfy flats and break out the designer inspired heels! These silver leather sandals will work a dream with your entire wardrobe and give you just the style boost you need. They will dress up your casual jeans looks and add a finishing touch to any summer occasion outfits. If you don’t want such a high heel as you are tall there are lots of midi heel height sandals and a white or gold would work too: 4. Ravel bag £25: Introduce your favourite colour to your outfit via a great evening bag – and your nail varnish! This is a versatile wardrobe piece and like your heels perfect for updating and dressing up any look:- 6.River Island earrings £10 – Finally, complete your ensemble with one piece of statement jewellery. Choose something you love as it will become your go-to jewel for every night out. We’ve suggested a striking pair of earrings as they add a touch of chic, alternatively swap for a cocktail ring or a jewelled bracelet: 7. Zara jacket £69.99:- Invest in a must-have biker jacket to give a finishing touch to your look. This is a great wardrobe basic which will give a sleek feel to casual dresses and add a bit of edge to evening looks. You’ll get a lot of great wear out of this piece:
QUESTION: I’ve bought this dress from Phase Eight, £99, for a wedding at the weekend and I have no idea what best to accessorize it with in terms of jacket/cardigan (something to keep me warm) and what colours would be appropriate to go with it. I have a pair of cream wedges that I’m planning on wearing (for comfort) so think that nude tights will be necessary as well, but am stumped as to what else might go!
ANSWER: The dress you’ve chosen is gorgeous, perfect for a spring wedding. You are absolutely right in wanting something to keep your arms warm, especially into the evening when it can often get chilly. A cardigan will make the dress appear more casual, so we’d definitely recommend a structured blazer in one of the pink tones from the dress. With this in mind, we’ve found you a couple of options along with some accessories to complete your outfit:
1. Topshop blazer, £55: – A neutral coloured jacket will compliment the dress wonderfully. To emphasis your enviable figure and defined waist, look for a tailored fit as a boxy cut will swamp you:
2. Reiss heels, £129: – Picking out the pale blush shade from the dress again, we love these classic sling back courts as the heel is just high enough without being uncomfortable! Wedges are a great idea for comfort, however if they are a appear a little heavy to wear with a summer dress, we would suggest a nude court with a closed toe, as that way you can wear nude tights:
4. Dorothy Perkins earrings, now £7.50: – We’ve noticed your outfit is missing some bling! Jewelled earrings are a delicate and stylish way to bring some embellishment into your ensemble. These drop earrings will compliment your entire outfit and can easily be worn with other occasion dresses in your wardrobe:
5. Monsoon bag, £45: – Finally on to bags! You mentioned gold in your question which will work really beautifully with this outfit. The warm pinks from the dress will be enhanced by a metallic bag, and we adore this timeless beaded option from Monsoon. Wear as a clutch, or use the shoulder bag if you’ve got champagne in one hand and a camera in the other! Karen x