Archive for May 2015
Posted May 26, 2015on:
QUESTION: I am looking for fitted evening dress with 3/4 sleeves – not black!
ANSWER: Thanks for contacting us! Sounds like you have a great party coming up and the perfect evening dress is just what you need to get you into the party mood.
1. Diane Von Furstenberg, Dress £405:– The metallic lace detail on this dress just oozes party wear and doesn’t need much else to do the job. The 3/4 length sleeves are sheer for that sultry look. This dress stops just above the knees to keep legs looking long and to show just the right amount of skin.
2. Phase Eight, Dress now £55:– This dress comes with a great weave pattern across the front that cinches the waist and creates a balanced silhouette. It comes in this great burgundy shade that will go really well with your darker hair. Style this dress with strappy heels and a box clutch to take you through the evening.
3. French Connection, dress £65:– Fitted but comfy go hand in hand with this jersey fabric dress from French Connection. The draping is ultra chic and flattering. You will get a lot of day-to-night wear out of this piece. Style with a statement necklace and strappy heels for evening and a black ankle boot and denim or biker jacket by day:
4.Reiss dress £195:- This gorgeous floral print silk shift is perfect for a summer evening with cocktails and champagne. It channels the season’s big floral print trend. It will also double up as a perfect wedding guest outfit:
5. Mint Velvet, Shoes £99:- These heels are perfectly versatile and work with all dresses as well as to style up a pair of jeans plus chic tailored blazer look. They add style and edge to your outfits and will have you seeing the night through on the dance floor. SarahA x
QUESTION: I really struggle to find dresses to fit – I suit 1950’s style, but its not great to wear ever day! Any ideas? ANSWER: Actually the flattering fit-and-flare style of a 50’s style dress is perfect for every day wear if you just shop for more casual as opposed to evening feel dresses. How you style and accessorise will also give these retro shapes a more paired back day look.
1. Gap dress now £37.99: As I said dresses with a fit-and-flare shape or a full skirt will give you that instant 50’s flavour. This cotton shirt dress is a perfect modern take on the look and ideal for a casual day outfit or work. You can style this with anything from trainers to a summery wedge to a slingback court depending on the occasion. Add a gold strand necklace for a bit of day time glamour: 2. Karen Millen dress £170: This piece is a real high summer number. Again the shirt-dress detailing gives this more of a daytime feel but you could just as easily style with a gold sandal and clutch bag for an evening or occasion look. Add a cropped denim jacket and oversized sunglasses: 3. Antipodium dress £129: Fresh and breezy this chic pink candy stripe piece is the perfect summer dress. The belt detail adds an extra dose of waist definition:
4. Oasis jacket £45: When thinking about pieces to layer over your dresses, introduce (if you don’t already have) one of these casual capsule wardrobe must-haves. Firstly a denim jacket is an easy-to-wear lightweight cover up that will also travel well when thinking about holiday packing: 5. Mango jacket £119.99: Another key capsule wardrobe piece is the biker jacket. It will give your retro dresses a modern spin and work a dream with those jeans looks or smart casual evening looks. Natalie x
Posted May 6, 2015on:
QUESTION: I am on a family visit to London in May. The weather will be rainy and still cold. We are planing to visit Harry Potter place and museums, also Charly and The Chocolate Factory. What should I wear?
ANSWER: It’s great to hear that you’ll be visiting London and we’d love to help you choose some fab items for you to wear during your visit.
1. Coat, Zara £79.99:– You can never go wrong on a city break with a stylish trench coat. Zara has the perfect one. This coat can be worn with casual or dressed up outfits. Wear worn open for a relaxed fit or closed and belted up for a cinched waist and London city chic.
2. Monsoon jeans £59:– A straight jean will flatter your shape by balancing out your proportions. The darker denim means they’ll always be smart and comfortable for tourist activities. You can interchange these jeans with different tops to reduce how much packing you have to do, but still look fab!
3. Gap jeans £49.95:– Another great denim style is this girlfriend fit from Gap. Style up with heels for evening and to balance out the slightly looser fit, and run-around flats or trainers for your day time in the fashion capital.
4. Banana Republic jumper £45:– As you said it will be cold when you arrive so you’ll definitely need some lovely knitwear for layering up especially for those early starts. This gorgeous shade will be great for keeping your outfit fun and it comes in other colours also. Style over a white shirt for a chic touch or add a leopard print scarf or gold chain necklace for daytime chic.
5. H&M top £7.99:– A breton striped top might be more Paris than London but it’s still perfect for your city break!
6. Dress, Gap £49.95:– A denim shirtdress is the perfect versatile travel item and we are loving this style for spring. This chambray effect is the height of relaxed style and once again worn with the trench you’ll be in the mood for a great day out. Add a waist belt in black and wear with tights and ankle boots for colder days. Dress up with a heel and bright clutch for evening.
7. KG by Kurt Geiger boots £150:– These black boots from favourite shoe brand Kurt Geiger are just what you need for walking, sightseeing and casual days out. The on trend chelsea style will have you looking great whilst visiting the capital. We hope you have a wonderful stay. SarahA x
Whilst this dress is billed as a beach holiday must have you can just as easily dress it up for a city weekend look. The snakeskin print is the perfect backdrop to style with trend lead utility-inspired accessories. Alternatively add a fun hot pink and flashy metallic heel. Natalie x