Archive for October 2015
Sometimes you just need a look that feels like stylish hibernation. That’s what relaxed fit chunky knits are for … preferably in a bright colour to spice things up. The draped feel of this belted jacket complements the loose jumper but still gives an all over easy chic mood to your look. These ankle boots from Zara are the perfect beat-the-rain in style boots. Natalie x
Have fun with layers when it comes to thinking of stylish day looks. Use a day-to-night LBD as your base and build up your fashion story around this perfect template. Clash bold colours bolds a modern art inspired feel. When it comes to neutrals think textures and tones. The season’s 70s suedes and global traveller inspired textures lend themselves perfectly to this. Buckle up in a boot and accessorise with a pair of sunglasses. Natalie x
1. Jaeger coat £499, 2. Jimmy Choo sunglasses £279, 3. H&M cardigan £39.99, 4. Tory Burch boots £515, 5. French Connection dress £90, 6. Toms sunglasses £82.05, 7. Alice & Olivia cardigan £345, 8. Chloé boots £715, 9. Zara coat £59.99.
Posted October 19, 2015on:
QUESTION: Hi I would like advise on what stylish but functional pieces to pack for a 2 week autumn trip
ANSWER: Your trip sounds great, a perfect opportunity to treat yourself to some key pieces for autumn. We’ve picked some wardrobe staples we think you’ll love:
1. Zara Jeans, £29.99: – A slim leg pair of jeans will help balance your proportions whilst a shaded front leg draws the eye inwards, creating an elongated leg line. Team with brogues or sneakers for sightseeing, ankle boots for casual dinners and a pair of heeled courts for some evening glamour:
2. Monsoon coat, £89: – The perfect transitional investment purchase! A blanket coat will see you right through the autumn into the winter, just add extra layers underneath. Choose a neutral tone like this gorgeously comfy option by Monsoon as it will complement everything you are wearing rather than being the statement item. Add a belt to create a feminine silhouette, or leave loose and add a chunky scarf in the neckline:
3. J.Crew sweater, now £55: – a selection of knit tops and sweaters are always useful as you never know how warm or cold the weather will be until it’s too late! We love the moss green tone of this jumper by J.Crew, it will really complement your brown hair and fair skin tone. Opt for other rich deep shades like aubergine and mustard:
4. River Island boot, £48: – Shoe wise, you can never go wrong with a pair of flat ankle boots. We’ve selected black as it’s the easiest colour to wear, however, chocolate brown, camel or dark grey would also be really useful and versatile shades. The most important factor is comfort and my River Island boots from three winters ago are still going strong!
6. Jaeger polo neck, £60: – Roll neck sweaters are super useful for chilly days when you know you’ll be in and our of museums, restaurants etc. This top will pair well with the jeans and boots above and a leather biker as an alternative jacket option:
7. Zara shoes, £49.99: – For a really stylish daytime look, wear the jeans with a pair of lace up brogues and a tucked-in blouse. Finish off the look with an oversized tote and sunnies. Who cares if the sun doesn’t actually make an appearance!
8. Vince Camuto bag, £175: – A camel toned bag is always a worthwhile addition to the wardrobe. It not only goes well with everything, but looks on-point all year round. Perfect for a carry-on handbag, this tote will be your go-to bag for all day trips and the fact it’s real leather means it will only get better with age!
9. Reiss hat, £60: – If you’re feeling really chic and want to get into the fabulous colours autumn wardrobes bring, why not treat yourself to a burgundy fedora hat? This version is elegant yet stylish, trendy but not too fashion-forward, plus it will beautifully complement all the items we’ve suggested above:
10. Gerard Darel trousers, £165: – As you are going away for two weeks, a selection of trousers and skirts may be useful as one can’t live in jeans alone. We adore these black and white tapered slacks as they are playful but still very sophisticated. Wear with a brightly coloured blouse or fine knit cardigan and ballet flats or brogues:
11. Mango skirt, £69.99: – A leather skirt is a great day-to-night piece to take away with you. During the day, wear with ankle boots and a pair of wooly tights (with one of those lovely autumnal sweaters) and then when evening kicks in, swap the boots for heels and swap the sweater for a chiffon blouse:
12. Warehouse dress, £38: – As you never know where the night might take you, we’ve popped a gorgeous red wrap dress into the mix for evening cocktails, concerts or fancy dinners. The ‘v’ neckline shows off just the right amount of décolletage and creates a beautifully flattering bust line whilst the belted waist accentuates your slimmest area – a real recipe for a fabulous outfit:
13. Ted Baker bag, £69: – Lastly, make a bit of space in your suitcase for a mini pouch bag – ideal for nighttime when you only need your purse and a lipstick. This metallic beauty by Ted Baker ticks every box and even has a strap so you don’t have to carry it all night. Karen x
In the spirit of the very clever and engaging Chanel exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery I’ve piled on the tweedsfor today’s blog. A lightweight tweed or a bouclé jacket is the perfect wardrobe investment. We used to see a lot of these at Zara a few years back and I wish they would do more. From biker style to boxy they just work. LK Bennett has some good takes on this jacket in charcoal and a deep red and H&M has some budget friendly options. This Boden tweed shift is very Jackie O. It will do everything you need it to do and more for a winter wedding and any smart occasion. Throw in a tweed clutch from Mango and I think you can safely say you got the texture memo this season. These shades all blend in perfectly with each other thanks to the fact that they are not exactly the same colour. Shake things up for a chic dinner look with a stiletto heel ankle boot and a sleek sparkly ear cuff. Natalie x