STYLE ADVICE: I would like a smart-casual look for afternoon tea
Posted February 3, 2016on:
QUESTION: I would like to wear a smart /casual outfit to afternoon tea for my friend’s big birthday in February. Any advice and suggestions most welcome.
ANSWER: Your afternoon tea sounds lovely a great afternoon out with friends. If you take a look at your fashion fingerprint you’ll see what items suit you and why. For you its all about making the most of you balanced proportions. With that in mind here are some items we hope you’ll love.
1. Baukjen, Dress £99: This wrap dress is the ideal style for a tea party, elegant, chic and comfortable. The flared style is great for skimming over the hips. The versatile colour is great for a modern 24/7 style. Pair with recommended court, shoes and print or colour scarf to complete the look :
2. Uniqlo, Trousers £24.90:– Tapered trousers are a no brainer with your balanced proportions. Style this gorgeous navy shade with the recommended nude blouse, slightly tucked in at the front for a nice style touch. These trousers will work perfectly with a court or kitten heel slingback.
3. Zara, Top £29.99:- Nothing is more chic, relaxed and feminine than a blouse with some drape in it. It’s effortlessly stylish and the nude shade is always fashion forward. This versatile top with an eye catching boat neckline is perfect for the occasion and the dressy casual look you are after. Team with jeans and white canvas trainers after said event for another effortless look.
4. LK Bennett, Shoes £195:– These court shoes stood out immediately as they tick all the boxes, versatile colour and style, not too high and uber stylish. Although slightly pricey I can honestly say you’d be surprised how many looks these court shoes go with, even better than black because they work with brown and navy as well as with black itself.
5. Ted baker, Bag £189:– A chic structured shoulder bag will work well with the trouser look and adds colour to your dress.
6. Oasis, Scarf £15:– Accessories are an ideal finishing touch to tie a look together. Style with your favourite pair of earrings or a simple chain necklace and just in case it’s still nippy outside add this gorgeous printed scarf to your look.