STYLE ADVICE: Smart-casual workwear pieces
Posted March 7, 2016on:
QUESTION: What to wear to work that’s not too smart and not too casual.
ANSWER: Pitching your workwear style can often be a tricky task as you want don’t want to look overdressed or underdressed, yet being presentable and polished is key. It’s always worth investing in pieces that can be styled in a smart or casual way depending on what your day entails.
1. ASOS trousers, £25: – A good fitting pair of black or navy trousers are a wardrobe must for every woman. Smarten up with a pair of black or block coloured courts, or swap for tan loafers or ballet flats for days you’re running around:
2. Mango blouse, £19.99: – Stripes are always on trend and we love this relaxed white and blue option by Mango, perfect for the changing seasons. Wear tucked into tapered trousers or pencil skirts for work, or wear loosely with the sleeves rolled up on the weekends. A simple necklace or stud earrings will stylishly complete the look:
3. J.Crew top, £39: – On colder days, pair your trousers with a fine knit sweater in a contrasting colour. This khaki jumper will also look gorgeous with skinny jeans for cosy Sunday walks:
4. French Connection dress, £45: – It’s always great to have a few go-to dresses in your collection and plaid looks fantastic all year round. This navy and tan fitted waist dress is a really flattering option as your frame is accentuated and it falls appropriately just above the knee:
5. Warehouse dress, £60: – For days when dressing to impress is in order, look no further than this cinched waist red shift. As red is one of your investment colours, we think we’d pop this gorgeous dress into the mix – It’ll look killer with a pair of pointed toe tapered grey blazer:
5. Zara bag, £49.99: – Complete the look with a tan tote bag that will add an instant chic touch to your outfit: