STYLE ADVICE: I am looking for a dress for my 40th birthday party
Posted March 14, 2016on:
QUESTION: I am having a black-tie party for my 40th birthday in April. The party is going to be on a boat on the Thames with drinks and dancing. Any suggestions for a dress which makes me look and feel fabulous would be very gratefully received! Budget up to £500.
Reply from Sarah Akinola
ANSWER: Thanks for contacting us! Your event sounds amazing! A very happy birthday to you in advance. Here are some items we hope you’ll love.
1. Maje, Dress £315:– Show off your fashion credentials with this on trend off the shoulder dress. Off the shoulder dresses work perfectly for balanced proportions such as yours, still making the most of your defined waist and showing off your décolletage. You’ll be dancing the night away with the fluid skirt on this dress.
2. J.Crew, Dress £228:- This dress definitely ticks all the boxes for a milestone birthday party like yours. It’s high halter neck will be great for a smaller bust, and you’ll definitely be making an entrance in this gorgeous shade of blue. Style this dress with chandelier earrings and a tousled up do.
3. Halston Heritage, Dress now £140.98:– This brand from 70’s New York is the go to for cocktail and party dresses for dancing the night away. This dress is a unique structured piece for making a style statement in a gorgeous icy blue tone. It will cinch in your waist and create a glam silhouette. Team with silver accessories and open toe sandals to finish off your party look.
4. Coast, bracelet £19.00 – A statement style cuff gives a sleek accessory update to your looks:
5. Sandals, Banana Republic £75:– A versatile sandal such as this chic pair will never go out of style , wear for many more occasions to come.
6. Sandals, J.Crew £198:– A slightly dearer price tag but this high shine finish is the epitome of evening glam, wear with pale blue or royal blue dress options.
7. Clutch, Dune £55:– Or go for this gold finish option depending on what other accessories you’re wearing.
I hope we’ve answered your style question, please let us know how you get on as we love receiving feedback. SarahA x