Posts Tagged ‘accessories’
Dress looks are just about manageable without a pair of black opaque tights which by now we are all desperate to ditch. Turn this shocking pink dress with it’s on-trend ruffle details into a stylish day look with these capsule wardrobe basics: the humble denim jacket and must-have ‘fashion’ trainers. If trainers aren’t your thing switch for an animal print ballerina or a pair of ankle tie pointed flats. Natalie x
A dress that’s the perfect blank canvas is a great investment piece for your wardrobe. This navy blue fit-and-flare update on the shirt dress can take you from a weekend lunch (white skate shoes or a tan wedge) to a wedding guest or evening out look. Play around with your accessories. Add bold brights for a summery feel or stick to metallics for a touch of evening glamour. Natalie x
Tear yourself away from the grey knits (even though we love them) and easy to wear denims with an indulgent floral print of the new season. Pile on the patterns with this lust-have leather bag from Mango (which feels very Gucci!). Steely sunglasses and run-around-flats take ladylike down a casual notch or too. Style with an oversized denim jacket or fitted biker. You know the style ropes by now – a slinky metallic sandal or killer courts make this just the outfit for any occasion. Don’t forget the clutch and a fabulous pair of earrings. Natalie x
If you’re looking for a new coat with a catwalk feel but timeless appeal the peacoat has all this and more. We love the way it sharpens up a casual look without feeling too severe but also lends a laid-back edge to evening outfits. The cut-away detail at the front of these boots adds a vampy effect to you overall look. It’s also all very Gianvito Rossi – but at a high street price. Skinny knits balance out the soft volume of a Mom style jean. You’ll start to notice bags with collegiate stripe handles influenced by the trend-setting Gucci collection. Both H&M and River Island do great versions. Natalie x
Posted September 1, 2015on:
QUESTION: I have bought the attached jumpsuit and considering all is well when it arrives, I will be wearing this to a birthday lunch this Sunday. Please could you recommend a jacket / jewellery / bag / shoes to go with it? My budget is up to £50 for a jacket and up to £30 for shoes and up to £20 for jewellery / bag.
ANSWER: We are loving the jumpsuit you’ve chosen, a chic all-year-round wardrobe staple ideal for day or night occasions. To complement your fab purchase, we’ve selected a few items to help complete your look:
1. Miss Selfridge jacket, £30: – Why not go full-out glamour with a sequinned jacket? It may be a bit of a statement, but if there’s a possibility you’ll be sipping champagne at lunch, you’ll have to look the part! We’d team this with a pair of fabulous heels and a dainty little shoulder bag. If all this means you may upstage the birthday guy or gal, a jacket such as this can easily be toned down with a pair of ballet flats, but where’s the fun in that?!
2. Miss Selfridge jacket, £30: A fantastic alternative jacket is this printed monochrome blazer with an embellished edge. Look out for a style of jacket that ends above your hips as anything longer will swamp you and take away the gorgeous clinched waist of your jumpsuit:
3. ASOS heels £30: – As the jackets we’ve selected are in neutral shades, add a pop of colour with a bright court shoe. This electric blue heel is formal enough for a lunch, yet can also be worn to year-round weddings or evening cocktails with the girls:
4. Dorothy Perkins sandals, £25: – For something a little more edgy, try this coral block heeled shoe for size. This sandal will also look wonderful with a pair of ankle grazing skinny jeans and a crepe blouse:
5. Zara bag, £29.99: – Although this shoulder bag is slightly over budget, we’ve saved you some money on the jackets, so we couldn’t help sneaking this structured little number into the mix. The white complements you’re outfit and looks rather more expensive that the £30 price tag:
6.Orelia earrings, £12: – Lastly, one elegant piece of jewellery is all you need to finish off your ensemble! Let your outfit do the talking with a simple pair of earrings or a delicate bracelet. We adore these dragonfly earrings as they are understated and will look great with everything in your wardrobe. We hope this has given some fashion inspiration, enjoy the birthday lunch and send us a snap of you in your outfit! Karen x
If you’re feeling all summered out when it comes to your wardrobe, look to the latest batch of new season accessories for an instant fashion refresher. It doesn’t take much to breathe new life into an outfit. These pieces are an easy way to introduce a catwalk trend to your looks, but they are also timeless – perfect! The wide brimmed wool fedora is the hat of the season – preferably in a luscious shade. Zara, H&M, Topshop and ASOS have all got a great offering for you to choose from. Prints and more prints… what with the folky 70s feel and kooky 80s…you absolutely need a print in your fashion life. Leopard print is as timeless as a breton stripe. This day-to-night clutch will spice up even the most basic of outfits as well as adding an extra layer of catwalk style to a top-to-toe 70s look (think paisley print maxi and faux-fur gilet). Scarves! We love them…so easy to dress-up a mum-on-the-schoolrun jeans + flats + jacket combo. This camouflage scarf is fabulous with its quirky little twist of bright red. If you don’t already have a Chelsea boot – and really want one – now is your season. River Island has a lux- feel heeled leather pair. Perfect with a skinny jean or cute denim skirt. There you have it – 4 instant style fixes at your fingertips. Natalie x
An outfit completely inspired by the rock chick slinky leather trouser looks that hit the A/W Saint Laurent catwalk with full force. That and these Mise En Dior earrings – the accessory du jour.A little bit of leather always works perfectly well with a little bit of silk like this blouse from Zara… (always good for high street silk). And a little bit of leather and a little bit of silk comes to life when a little touch of leopard print is thrown into the fashionable equation. Finish off with a cheeky red. Which way will you go? Natalie x