Posts Tagged ‘ASOS’
At the autumn/winter collections in Paris this week one of the biggest trends to emerge is the “no rules” approach when it comes to day or night dressing. It’s glamour all the way with heavily embellished or opulently patterned floor sweeping evening dresses being styled with fur trimmed slides or the shoe of the season a flat black leather ankle boot, preferably a lace-up or military style. Closer to home have a look at some of your favourite party pieces and see if you can give them a dress-down spin with a casual trainer. Look for oversized evening clutches in leather or suede for that bit of edge. Natalie x
Cobwebs never looked so chic, and when it comes to Halloween inspiration, just add lace. This Whistles dress will set the tone for the party season ahead and you can dress it up so many ways – from metallic heels and accessories for a shimmery effect, to autumnal jewel tones for something more retro. A colourful faux-fur jacket is the perfect casual weekend cover-up and it adds that extra special something to a glam evening look. Natalie x
QUESTION: What to wear to work that’s not too smart and not too casual.
ANSWER: Pitching your workwear style can often be a tricky task as you want don’t want to look overdressed or underdressed, yet being presentable and polished is key. It’s always worth investing in pieces that can be styled in a smart or casual way depending on what your day entails.
1. ASOS trousers, £25: – A good fitting pair of black or navy trousers are a wardrobe must for every woman. Smarten up with a pair of black or block coloured courts, or swap for tan loafers or ballet flats for days you’re running around:
2. Mango blouse, £19.99: – Stripes are always on trend and we love this relaxed white and blue option by Mango, perfect for the changing seasons. Wear tucked into tapered trousers or pencil skirts for work, or wear loosely with the sleeves rolled up on the weekends. A simple necklace or stud earrings will stylishly complete the look:
3. J.Crew top, £39: – On colder days, pair your trousers with a fine knit sweater in a contrasting colour. This khaki jumper will also look gorgeous with skinny jeans for cosy Sunday walks:
4. French Connection dress, £45: – It’s always great to have a few go-to dresses in your collection and plaid looks fantastic all year round. This navy and tan fitted waist dress is a really flattering option as your frame is accentuated and it falls appropriately just above the knee:
5. Warehouse dress, £60: – For days when dressing to impress is in order, look no further than this cinched waist red shift. As red is one of your investment colours, we think we’d pop this gorgeous dress into the mix – It’ll look killer with a pair of pointed toe tapered grey blazer:
5. Zara bag, £49.99: – Complete the look with a tan tote bag that will add an instant chic touch to your outfit:
Posted August 5, 2013on:
QUESTION: How could I dress more feminine? I love the idea of skirts and dresses but have no idea what to go for and end up feeling uncomfortable. I am also quite tall so prefer to wear flats.
ANSWER: Style has a lot to do with being comfortable and confident and dressing to suit your shape is a good place to start.
1. Asos, Skirt £20:- Midi skirts are a huge hit on the high street and the moment and are great for a taller frame. The high waist style is perfect for skimming over the tummy area and creating the illusion of definition. Style your skirt with a v-neck top.
2. Zara, Skirt £39.99:- This denim flared skirt from Zara is a favourite of mine! Wear with a blouse or t-shirt for summer or with a cardigan and boots for the winter.
3. Mint Velvet, Shoes £25:- Ballet pumps are known for their ultra chic feminine look, made famous by Audrey Hepburn and Elle McPherson. They are an essential wardrobe must-have. Go for a burst of colour to dress things up.
4. Kaliko, Dress £60:– The low v-neck on this dress softens the look of your broad shoulders, the fitted waist creates some curves and the pleats are great for skimming over the tummy area. Style with a blazer for more formal occasions or a cardigan to dress down. SarahA x
Posted July 29, 2013on:
ANSWER: The look you are going for is a great one for work it has all the makings of being a smart, stylish and relaxed outfit.
1. New Look, Boyfriend Jeans, £19.99:– This inexpensive and versatile boyfriend fit jeans are great for you, creating some curves and making the most of your slim frame. You’ll definitely get a lot of wear from these weather it be with a slouchy tee and wedges for the weekend or dressed up for work.
2. H&M, Blouse, £19.99:– A loose fitting blouse is instant chic especially in refreshing white, this blouse has a slight shimmer to it making it slightly more formal. Or go for some oomph with this pussy bow blouse from Forever 21 £13.99: 3. Mango, Blouse, £14.99:- Not a far cry from white but still a definite wardrobe staple, a chic blouse in blush will be a great update when wearing these jeans again: 4. H&M, Blazer, £24.99:– Create some waist definition with a tailored jacket, and go for super comfort with this jacket in sturdy jersey fabric. A black blazer is a wardrobe staple and will tie your outfit together for work mode. 5. Asos, Heels, £25:- Finish off your outfit with a gorgeous pair of heels, peep toes are great if you have after work drinks planned and the platform fit will carry you through the day in comfort. Complete the look with delicate gold jewelry and a classic red manicure. SarahA x
Posted July 26, 2013on: