Posts Tagged ‘garden party’
A dress that’s the perfect blank canvas is a great investment piece for your wardrobe. This navy blue fit-and-flare update on the shirt dress can take you from a weekend lunch (white skate shoes or a tan wedge) to a wedding guest or evening out look. Play around with your accessories. Add bold brights for a summery feel or stick to metallics for a touch of evening glamour. Natalie x
Posted June 24, 2013on:
QUESTION: I am going to a fancy lunch the day after my sister’s wedding (its in July) and would love a new outfit (I would like to wear a dress). It is a garden party where everyone will be dressed up quite smartly, but not overly so. I am willing to spend up to £200 for the whole outfit.
ANSWER: Garden parties are always the most lovely summer events, and I’m sure it will be extra special seeing as it is following your sister’s wedding.
1. Topshop dress, £48: – This bandage skater dress is great for your figure and will show off your enviable slim legs. The colour is gorgeous for the summer months too and will keep your look smart but with a hint of fun.
2. Mango jacket, £69.99: – No one can go wrong with a white tailored jacket this summer; they’re the perfect cover up for anything from a formal occasion to a weekend jeans look. If you feel you need a cover up for the garden party, then this cropped bouclé jacket from Mango will be perfect. Alternatively you could opt for a little white cardi to keep your look more relaxed.
3. Zara clutch, £29.99: – Brights and prints work really well together this season, so this clutch from Zara that you have liked on your page will be the perfect accompaniment to your dress.
4. ASOS sandal, £45: – A heeled sandal is the perfect piece for top-to-toe loveliness. These ones from ASOS will make a great evening heel too, and they have an on-trend metal trim.
5. Zara sandals £49.99: If you want something slightly more casual, a lower block heel will look just as cute. We love these white ones from Zara. The final piece to the puzzle can be anything from a gorgeous cuff to a pair of ornate earrings- the choice is yours! We hope to have given you some fashion inspiration and are sure you will look fabulous at both events. Ria x