Posts Tagged ‘how to’
Dress looks are just about manageable without a pair of black opaque tights which by now we are all desperate to ditch. Turn this shocking pink dress with it’s on-trend ruffle details into a stylish day look with these capsule wardrobe basics: the humble denim jacket and must-have ‘fashion’ trainers. If trainers aren’t your thing switch for an animal print ballerina or a pair of ankle tie pointed flats. Natalie x
Have you found a new season cover-up yet? We love the 70s inspired faux-shearling biker styles out at the moment. This piece from Zara comes in a stylish soft grey (and tan too) and you’ll find similar pieces at River Island and M&S. The roomier oversized fit means you can layer up perfectly over chunkier knit jumpers. Why not take all that fluffy cosiness one step further with a fun H&M faux-fur bag… Natalie x
Weren’t some of those Oscar dresses fabulous. Shout out to Best Actress winner Brie Larson in a dreamy floor-sweeping royal blue Gucci gown and Leo in Armani! There were quite a few red-carpet jumpsuit and cape combinations too like Lady Gaga in all the drama of an ivory Brandon Maxwell number and Elizabeth Banks in ivory lace Ralph & Russo. Channel this look, without the cape, for a different spin on occasion dressing. Tory Burch’s red hot jumpsuit has a sleek straight leg cut. At Dolce & Gabbana’s Fairytale Fantasy show in Milan this weekend models wore oversized headbands with brocade and jacquard bows and jewel embellishment. This Misa Harada headpiece will create that same effect so you can wear next season now. Natalie x
QUESTION: I got a blouse just like this in Zara, only difference it it has a white colour and cuffs. I love the blouse but it is quite a statement, I have worn it with black skinnies tucked in with an obi belt but I am not sure if it looks great.
I showed my sister and she said maybe wear a jumper over it!!
ANSWER: The blouse you’ve bought sounds fab, it’s a great purchase for Autumn. It would be a shame to cover it up with a jumper as you’ll only see the white collar and cuffs peeping through. There are lots of great ways you can turn this top into a versatile piece within your wardrobe, here are some suggestions:
1. Mango blazer, £44.99: – Rather than a jumper, why not try a stylish blazer? The addition of a tailored jacket brings an instant cool edge to your look. As your ensemble have a monochrome theme going on, we’d recommend a silk or chiffon scarf in a deep rich shade such as aubergine or forest green:
2. Zara blazer, £79.99: – Khaki is a neutral, versatile shade that can be a nice change from black without being too garish. The long lapel and side zips add interesting detailing and a blazer such as this is easy to transform from day to night with the addition of an oversized clutch and a chunky cuff bracelet:
3. River Island skirt, £25: – An alternative to a pair of black trousers would be to wear your blouse over a leather skirt. We love this faux option by River Island as it is chic yet won’t break the bank! To finish off the look, pop on a pair of block heeled ankle boots and a statement necklace:
4. Kurt Geiger boots, £160: – Boots are always a welcome shoe option when the weather starts to turn. Grey will nicely compliment your shirt and is a really easy colour to wear with either your black skinnies, blue jeans or the skirt we suggested above:
5. J.Crew necklace, £55: – a chunky necklace will finish the outfit perfectly. J.Crew have a wonderful selection that have a high-end feel without the price tag. This necklace is also super simple to pop in your work back as it will transform a boardroom shift dress info a little cocktail number. Karen x
A little sunshine pick me up. Pattern and print go a long way in turning a sleek and chic casual jeans look into something with a bit of seasonal zing. Style boyfriend jeans with a patent kitten heel court contrasting a slouchy feel with nifty feminine appeal. Studded flats add a cool contrast to next season’s blooms. You can still snap up some great sales steals like the blouse, bag and jeans in look 2. The good thing is that these will work their fashion magic quite happily into the new season. Natalie x