Posts Tagged ‘Lipsy’
We love style spotting on the red carpet, and what with the British ‘Season’ in full swing and Hollywood flying fast and furious with film premiers, it’s been quite a red carpet feast. The young and glamorous have really been taking the plunge this week when it comes to red carpet style. The plunge as in necklines that is. The good thing about a plunge neckline is that you can make it as racy as you like – or not – for that matter. Florence Welch, the Queen of all things gothic, dramatic and statement-making took the plunge in a black cobwebby creation by Julien Macdonald. What this neckline has done is to create the sense of definition by drawing the eye to the waist. Blake Lively, the new face of Gucci’s fragrance, used a plunge neckline to accentuate her shapely silhouette and bust line. Most importantly what both girls have done is dressed not only to flatter their body shapes but their unique styles.
Here are a few more dresses that will help you take the plunge on the red carpet…Natalie x
ANSWER: How exciting – Chester races! It will be a fun and fashionably glamorous day out for you. You’ll want to look fabulous. You have a gorgeous figure and if you look at your Dressipi Fashion Fingerprint you will see that it is all about using clothes to inject a bit of curve into your lovely silhouette. With that in mind here is an idea for an outfit I hope that you will like.
1. Lipsy purple dress £45 : This dress is in one of your favourite colours – a glorious purple. Very striking! The fit-and-flare style will inject a bit of curve into your already lovely shape. It’s all about creating balanced looking proportions. The fitted top sculpts your slender torso and the full skirt and skinny belt create the illusion of a defined waist….and it also draws attention to your long legs. The cap sleeves balance out the full skirt. This is the type of dress you can wear in the summer with coloured flat sandals for a dressed down look, or with a cool wedge and cropped denim jacket for a weekend look.
2. Mango gold cuff, £14.99: It’s time to add a bit of hardware to the outfit. Style this with one of the season’s must-have oversized gold cuffs like this textured piece from Mango.
3. Dorothy Perkins colour block heels £40: Show of your long legs with these stylish two-tone colour block sandals. Great with a pair of skinny jeans, soft jersey t-shirt and sharp tailored blazer for a Friday night.
4. Mango red quilt bag, £27.99 : Use your bag to introduce another bright colour to your outfit. This vibrant red is a hot contrast to the deep purple of your dress and it will really make the colour stand out. The gold chain complements the cuff. What’s more – you’ll need somewhere ultra-chic and fashionable to store your winnings!
5. Star by Julien Macdonald hair clip £12 : You could wear a statement hat – it’s entirely up to you. Alternatively for that final fashionable touch, why not add this simple but cool oversized flower hair piece from the Star by Julien Macdonald range at Debenhams. The subtle neutral shade adds a lovely balance to the overall colour way of your outfit. But, you could just as easily go for a burst of red or purple. I would, however, advise you not to match shoes-handbag-headpiece in the exact same shade. If you are going to go for one colour, break it up a bit with varied tones of the same shade.
I hope that this has inspired you! Have a fantastic time at the races and enjoy your day out.