Posts Tagged ‘wedding guest looks’
There are so many gorgeous dresses filtering in right now. With summer occasions on the horizon make your pieces really multi-task by styling them with those wardrobe must-haves to take them from weekend to wedding. Denim and biker jackets are your perfect dress down basics. Throw on a pair of trainers and whether you’re in full-on lace or floor sweeping florals like this Topshop piece, £59, you’ve turned night into day. Natalie x
Another day another a wedding. Looking for that little something extra when it comes to dressing up in style for spring occasions? Try this Reiss dress with its elegantly retro Jackie O’ style neckline and a flattering fit-and-flare cut. This style creates the illusion of a defined waist. Blend in soft pinks and rose gold touches to make those green-blue sea shades pop. Natalie x
Dorothy Perkins is one of those high street stores that always does a good dress – like this Bardot style. You might not be swanning about the South of France but at least you can channel that Brigitte Bardot look thanks to the off-the-shoulder neckline. (The dress also comes in black). With inklings of summer holidays filtering through into stores go day-to-night with a straw tote and clutch. Who can resist a novelty cat? Black gives a strong edge to any pastel shade, perfect for an evening look, whilst a gold wedge sandal is a fabulous beach-to-bar must-have. You can easily style this dress with your denim jacket for a city break look and with a biker jacket or tuxedo blazer for an evening. Natalie x
A little forward planning never hurt especially when it comes to dressing for any special occasions that you might have lined up. This dress from Topshop caught my eye with it’s opulent jacquard fabric and royal blue hues. The fit-and-flare prom style coupled with a below the knee length makes it the ideal piece not only for any evening events but for all those spring weddings too. There is an ultra-modern cut-out detail at the front of the waistband. It’s not very big, more peekaboo, so it’s a small detail as opposed to something too revealing. Style with a black textured jacket like this tweed piece from Iro which also comes in a versatile ivory shade if you prefer. I have kept the heel black, but a pop of clashing colour would look fabulous too. Break up all those dark shades with an ivory headpiece. Add a jewelled ear cuff to complete the look. Natalie x
QUESTION: I have a black tie evening wedding to attend and am looking for a dress – budget £100.
ANSWER: We love a wedding with a twist and an evening wedding means you can turn up the glam factor with sweeping gowns in gorgeous colours.
1. Coast, dress £95:– Coast are always great for providing a huge selection of occassion wear for any event and they haven’t disappointed her with this gorgeous dress for your black tie wedding event. The lower v-neck accommodates a larger bust and the lace detail shoulder draws the eye and creates balance. I particularly love the pleating detail detail that skims nicely over the tummy area and again draws the eye in for a cinched waist.
2. Violeta, dress now £39.99:- Grab this end of sale bargain from Mango, well within your budget and perfect for you. The fiery red is an ideal shade for an evening wedding and again the v-neck and draping does wonders to balance out your proportions. The jersey fabric will mean comfort all night and ease of wear.
3. Phase Eight, dress now £91:- Another red style maxi in a more scarlet shade, so perfect for wearing with red lipstick. The pleating and twist detail here do all the magic by creating a waist and drawing the eye in whilst concealing the tummy area. This jersey has a twist also in a more slinky feel, style with sandals and an embellished clutch.
4.Giles Deacon for Evans now £108:- Lastly try this jewel tone evening gown from the Giles Deacon for Evans range. Deacon has dressed many red carpet celebs such as SJP and Gwyneth Paltrow and often collaborates with high street brands (such as New Look). This has a flattering (higher waisted) fit-and-flare effect. Go for gold accessories with this awesome green shade. SarahA x
QUESTION: I am wearing the attached to a wedding and was wondering if you could recommend jewellery/bag/shoes to wear with it?
ANSWER: We are loving your dressed pictured, off the shoulder styles always look incredibly elegant and we’d love to recommend some items to complete the look.
1. New Look, Shoes £17.99:- These shoes are what every wardrobe needs, they are the versatile shoe that work for every occasion and immediately make legs and feet look gorgeous. At this price you’ll want them in every colour.
2. Dune, Bag £59:- Pick up on the pink in your dress with this patent clutch. The mix of teal and pink works really well and is a great style statement, and its big enough for the event essentials.
3. ASOS, Bangle £8:- The off shoulder style is dramatic enough to keep your neckline free, instead add this stylish cuff to your outfit. You’ll love the modern look it has in contrast to your vintage style dress.
4. Finesse, Earrings £30:- If you’re wearing your hair up, these earrings are all you’ll need, the delicate flower style compliments the whole look. These earrings will definitely become a favourite in your accessories collection. SarahA x
QUESTION: I need to find a cocktail dress for two summer weddings. I had a baby 6 weeks ago though and while I’m broadly back to my size ten, my tummy and boobs are a little larger than normal so I need to take this into consideration with the dress! Happy to spend up to £150.
ANSWER: Congratulations on the birth of your child, such wonderful news and thanks for the picture – and how very exciting that you have two weddings to attend this summer. We’ve chosen a few options we think you’ll love:
1. Reiss dress, now £145: – We’re starting off with full-on cocktail glamour! This Reiss dress is a fabulous all-year-roud option, team with open toe sandals in the summer, or black tights and closed toe courts for the colder months. The fit-and-flar style will draw the eye to your smallest area, whilst the flared skirt gives you a beautifully flattering silhouette:
2. French Connection dress, £45: – Now for a really classic wardrobe staple – the wrap dress. This style is absolutely perfect for you as once again, the waist is emphasised and the soft pleating over your tummy hides anything you may not want to show! Navy is a versatile and easy colour to wear, just pop on a pair of metallic courts and a pashmina in a contrasting shade. Job done!:
3. Adrianna Papell, £130: If you fancy going for something truly showstopping, try a bright tone like this gorgeous hot red. As red it one of your fave shades to wear, we couldn’t help but put it in the mix! The ‘v’ neck shows just the right amount of décolletage whilst also elongating your upper body and the frill front adds a lovely feminine touch…it’s also very similar in fit and style to the dress you are wearing in the picture you sent us:
4. Anthropologie dress, £158: – Lastly we’ve gone for something really summery and stylish. Antrhopologie always create the most wonderful prints and this floral frock is no exception. Wear with either nude, navy or metallic sandals and match this tone to your clutch bag. One piece of jewellery will finish the outfit off perfectly, we’d recommend a pair of drop earrings or a statement bracelet:
We hope this has given some fashion inspiration, have a superb time at both weddings and let as know how you get on as we love to receive feedback. Karen x