Posts Tagged ‘wedding’
This is another one of those perfect dress-up, dress-down versatile pieces that will really go the extra fashion mile. The criss-cross back detail and the contrast floral patterns give this look edge. Vamp things up with a black sandal and sparkly clutch, or just add trainers and a pair of Ray-Bans for some daytime cool. Natalie x
QUESTION: I am having a black-tie party for my 40th birthday in April. The party is going to be on a boat on the Thames with drinks and dancing. Any suggestions for a dress which makes me look and feel fabulous would be very gratefully received! Budget up to £500.
Reply from Sarah Akinola
ANSWER: Thanks for contacting us! Your event sounds amazing! A very happy birthday to you in advance. Here are some items we hope you’ll love.
1. Maje, Dress £315:– Show off your fashion credentials with this on trend off the shoulder dress. Off the shoulder dresses work perfectly for balanced proportions such as yours, still making the most of your defined waist and showing off your décolletage. You’ll be dancing the night away with the fluid skirt on this dress.
2. J.Crew, Dress £228:- This dress definitely ticks all the boxes for a milestone birthday party like yours. It’s high halter neck will be great for a smaller bust, and you’ll definitely be making an entrance in this gorgeous shade of blue. Style this dress with chandelier earrings and a tousled up do.
3. Halston Heritage, Dress now £140.98:– This brand from 70’s New York is the go to for cocktail and party dresses for dancing the night away. This dress is a unique structured piece for making a style statement in a gorgeous icy blue tone. It will cinch in your waist and create a glam silhouette. Team with silver accessories and open toe sandals to finish off your party look.
4. Coast, bracelet £19.00 – A statement style cuff gives a sleek accessory update to your looks:
5. Sandals, Banana Republic £75:– A versatile sandal such as this chic pair will never go out of style , wear for many more occasions to come.
6. Sandals, J.Crew £198:– A slightly dearer price tag but this high shine finish is the epitome of evening glam, wear with pale blue or royal blue dress options.
7. Clutch, Dune £55:– Or go for this gold finish option depending on what other accessories you’re wearing.
I hope we’ve answered your style question, please let us know how you get on as we love receiving feedback. SarahA x
QUESTION: My daughter is getting married in 6 weeks and I can’t find anything to wear. I fancy monochrome but don’t want to look like mutton dressed as lamb but also don’t want to look too frumpy. As to budget, not Primark and not Dior. I usually shop at M&S,House of Fraser, Debenhams, John Lewis (or local charity shops!!). Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome.
ANSWER: Thanks for getting in touch. Your daughter’s wedding is a milestone event to mark with a fabulous outfit and great memories. We hope to get you looking wonderful and feeling comfortable for the whole occasion. If you take a look at your fashion fingerprint you’ll see what items suit you and why. For you it’s all about creating some balanced proportions, and with that in mind here are some items we hope you’ll love.
1. Dress, M&S £75:- Your monochrome theme is a great one and can always be adjusted to suit you. You can either colour block your separates or g for a monochrome print. Black might be an unconventional choice for a wedding but the right accessories will have you looking chic and stylish. This fit-and-fare dress from M&S cinches in your waist and has a gorgeous lace detail on the skirt as well as a satin waist tie:
2. Dress, Phase Eight £140:– Just in case black is too dark navy is the perfect go to shade. With on trend floral prints, it’s occasion perfect, and not too far from the monochrome theme. And not forgetting the fit-and-flare shape and waist tie detail that will balance your proportions:
3. Jacket, Fenn Wright Manson £149:– Whichever dress you go for this blazer answers both calls. The tailored fit is perfect for creating the perfect silhouette, and the shade is a versatile addition to your wardrobe. You’ll get plenty of wear out of this blazer for future events and functions:
4. Monsoon hat 29:– Add a touch of colour to your outfit with this fuchsia fascinator. It will go great with either the black or navy printed dress. Its the perfect accessory to add something unique and stylish to your outfit:
5. Dune shoes £69:– Comfort and style is essential for a long wedding and these peep toes are just that. The gorgeous suede finish and kitten heel feature won’t have you coming off the dance floor too early and are another versatile wardrobe item:
6. Monsoon shoes £55:– Or if you go for the navy dress these sparkly beauties will work perfectly and will be a great addition to your outfit. and just like before they’re not too high and will see you through the event. SarahA x
Posted May 19, 2014on:
QUESTION: I’ve bought this dress from Coast to wear to a wedding in Cyprus and also to 2 weddings here in the UK. I’m planning on wearing wedges and a pink box clutch bag from River Island but I’m stuck on what jewellry I should wear with it. Could you help please? My budget is £25 max (preferably £20) for earrings and bracelet together.
ANSWER: This dress is the perfect choice for weddings at home and abroad – I am loving the pastel tones and gorgeous print. A few well placed accessories are just what’s needed to finish off this outfit in style.
1. Topshop earrings, £4.50:– Sporting an up do will show off your shoulders as well as these gorgeous sparkly studs. They’ll pick up on the pink tones in your dress and as well as looking ultra chic.
2. ASOS earrings, £5:– Try these stylish teardrop studs for a real fashion feel to your ensemble. Great for summer and versatile. You’ll not want to take these off.
3. Mango Cuff, £14.99:– As soon as I saw your halter neck dress I thought a cuff bangle would be a great style to go with it. This gold Mango cuff is perfect for the occasion and can be worn further up your arm for a more Grecian look. SarahA x
Question: I have a wedding in April, It’s my boyfriend’s sisters so i want to make a good impression and look nice. The problem is, I dont know what sort of dress to wear. I like my arms covered at least to my elbows and the dress length to my knees. As its in April I was looking for a smart jacket to go with it, but again I have no idea what will suit. As you can see I am not a small girl. My budget would be up to £150! Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank-you.
Natalie: It sounds like you have a big day on the horizon. There are a lot of great dresses out there that would be perfect for you and for the wedding. What you want to remember is to go for necklines that not only soften the look of your broad shoulders but also flatter your décolletage. With that in mind here are some pieces we hope that you will love:
This jersey dress comes in a hot-off-the catwalk cobalt blue colour. The shape of this dress will flatter your body shape as it gives support to the bust as well as definition directly beneath it. As a result the skirt glides over the tummy area. The v-neck detail also breaks up the look of your broad shoulders. What’s more it has a very flattering 3/4 length sleeve.
You can wear this with black tights and black platform courts if it’s still freezing in April, or a court shoe and no tights. Style your dress with this ruffle front detail jacket. It’s OK to clash your blues and this season designers have been inspired by all the blues of the sea.
Add a fabulous statement clutch in a blue of course.
This piece has a lovely gold metallic detail which you can mimic with a gold necklace or bangles.
For that finishing touch add a chic fascinator like this piece from Debenhams.
You could also style the above dress with this ultra chic and sleek Monsoon jacket. The blue accessories will still look fabulous with it.
You might also like this dress from Next. It is very ladylike and will work with your figure. There is flattering ruching and gathering across the tummy area perfect for streamlining it. The scoopneck detail will soften the look of your broad shoulders. You can add a fascinator in the same colour and a chic rose gold clutch bag.
I hope that this has helped with your fashion dilemma. Have a wonderful time at the wedding.