Posts Tagged ‘What styles suit my body shape’
Dress looks are just about manageable without a pair of black opaque tights which by now we are all desperate to ditch. Turn this shocking pink dress with it’s on-trend ruffle details into a stylish day look with these capsule wardrobe basics: the humble denim jacket and must-have ‘fashion’ trainers. If trainers aren’t your thing switch for an animal print ballerina or a pair of ankle tie pointed flats. Natalie x
Posted February 26, 2013on:
QUESTION: I love this blue suede biker jacket (see pic) which I wore last year with the dress pictured. I’d love to find another/some other things I could wear with it such as a dress or jeans/skirt and top/accessories? My budget is about £300. Would be so glad of your ideas. Thanks!
ANSWER: Your jacket is absolutely fantastic and a great colour on you and so versatile. If you take a look at your Dressipi Fashion Fingerprint you will see what styles suit you and why. For you it is all about making the most of your gorgeous figure. With that in mind, here are some ideas we hope you’ll love:
1. Banana Republic trousers, £69.50: – These trousers are perfect for keeping this jacket working hard, whether it be at work or out to lunch with friends. Team with flats for comfort or courts for a more formal occasion.
2. Ralph Lauren top, £65: – A neutral colour top will tie your outfit together and this top from Ralph Lauren will still be great with jeans or colored trousers/jeans.
3. Dune shoes, £65: – Tan is a great choice to replace black as it goes with so much and these shoes are a great mediator between heels and flats.
4. See by Chloe tunic, £270: – If your looking for an outfit that just comes together, this beautiful tunic will be a perfect match for your jacket and is perfect for dressing up or down. Cobalt blue and fuchsia pink are no strangers so this tunic is great for your jacket.
5.Love Moschino trousers, £197.93: – We couldn’t resist recommending these gorgeous floral trousers, they will be perfect for early spring and can be worn with the tan shoes we recommended.
PS:…Our happy Dressipi user’s reply to Sarah Akinola’s recommendations and a pic of her in her new Dressipi purchases: ”
“Thanks for your help, you’re brilliant! I feel totally updated! So far I’ve bought the Ralph Lauren ruffly top (gorgeous!) and the useful tan Dune shoes and really fancy the See by Chloe tunic if/when I can afford it! I shall definitely recommend you to friends. How can we get more of your personalised advice? “
QUESTION: I am stuck in a rut particularly regarding work wear and would like some help please. All I seem to wear is leggings, tunic tops, black
trousers & long cardigans- I am trying to lose weight and am self conscious about my tummy and bottom half. Any help would be appreciated. BudgeT is high street.
ANSWER: Look at the dress- It is the answer to many style dilemmas, easy to wear, can be worn in different ways and is more flattering than trousers or a skirt and will make you feel work ready and smart. Go for dresses that emphasise your slimmer top half and disguise the areas that you wish to
hide. If you keep the dress fairly plain or choose a small print you can then embellish with a fab statement necklace or a bright cardigan. The cardigan should be a style that finishes at the waist rather than a long cardigan.
1. Scoop neck dress by Dorothy Perkins £19: This dress is a great buy, the scoop neck draws the eye to your top half and the soft gathers at the waist skim over the tummy area, as the skirt is a fuller style so it also disguises your bottom. If you are worried about your arms it has lovely 3/4 sleeves.
2. Navy embroidered dress by Dorothy Perkins £30: This dress is the perfect style for you, its in navy, one of your investment colours, the embroidery on the bodice ensures that the attention stays on your top half. The belt will give the illusion of a defined waistline whilst the full skirt hides your lower half and tummy. Wear with a bright cardigan.
3. Red cotton cardigan by Boden £39: This is a lovely spring cardigan, the true red colour is a great investment for you and will liven up any outfit. Again it will draw the eye upwards.
4. Victorian collar necklace by Topshop £18.50: Wear this with either of the dresses for a polished look.
5. J by Jasper Conran, courts, £32: Add opaque black tights and some mid heel court shoes and you have a very stylish flattering work outfit. These patent shoes from Jasper Conran at Debenhams are a great shape and not too high. I hope this has helped you find a chic workwear outfit. Nicki x
We are seeing a gorgeous flurry of snowing swirling about the windows of Dressipi HQ this morning making it ideal weather for today’s style email. We decided to help keep you cosy and chic with our hand picked selection of jumpers. Whether or not you go for a fabulous core wardrobe basic like a standard v-neck jumper in a versatile grey, or prefer a brighter take on bundling up with a cute print, here are a number of ways of ‘doing a jumper look’. It’s worth having a look at your Must Haves which appear in your Style Guide under Inspiration to see what styles and fits are perfect for you when it comes to your key jumper shapes. On the ‘basic’ front I think that grey is such a great and flattering colour (and by grey you can go from light grey to charcoal) and it really does go with everything from metallics, to neutrals, to bold brights. It’s the perfect piece for layering under an open cardigan or a fitted jacket. Colour this season is quite “juicy”. Pastels tend to have an iridescent tinge to them thanks to fashion’s take on metallics. In this outfit the metallic trousers complement the ice-cream of the jumper and I love the contrasting mix of textures. Have a bit of fun with bold prints. This French Connection jumper has a great statement floral print which would sit just as happily with a pair of jeans and flats as it does in this sassy retro-inspired look. Cosy up in a bit of knit-chic and enjoy the snow. Natalie
It’s exciting to see a fresh fashion take on a much-loved brand with a dedicated and loyal following. Watching new product hitting the Dressipi site, you can expect exciting things from Fenn Wright Manson since it was snapped up Maxine Hargreaves-Adams (daughter of Matalan founder John Hargreaves). We love the style-language that FWM is talking this season with its first collection under her stylish helm. Think versatile investment pieces, available at any time of the season, that will always work with your wardrobe.
Having been immersed in the value retail world of Matalan, Maxine explains that “I was keen to something myself and my mum used to wear it. It’s a brand that has a loyal following so it was really an exciting challenge.” The new collection is a stylish re-working of the chic, feminine essence of the brand but with a much more updated and modern take. Look out for key pieces that will run through the collections consistently like a white silk shirt, a basic cashmere open cardi and shell tops for example. Throw in some gorgeous print slinky trousers and blouses , knitwear in hot colours, versatile dresses and s/s at FWM is shaping up to be a brand to put on your must-have hit list. Natalie
QUESTION: I need some help with the way I dress, I’m a pear shape. I love being vintage with a twist of fashion. Im 22 with a lowish budget. Any help or advice you could give thanks.
ANSWER: Take the prom style dress as your basic shape and then add to it with denim and leather jackets and cropped cardigans. This style of dress is very flattering for your shape as it draws attention to your slim shoulders and upper body and disguises the hip area with the lovely feminine full skirt. It has a great vintage feel and will give you an individual look.
1. Dorothy Perkins, red dress, £45: This dress would be fab for a night out, wear with black fishnet tights for a strong vintage feel. Red is one of your investment colours and add a cropped biker jacket or little cardigan like this black fitted piece from George at Asda. Wear a skinny belt over the cardigan done up and you have another outfit.
2. H! by Henry Holland print top £20: This acrobat print top will look great with jeans or slim trousers, the peplum shape will highlight your slim waist and the scoop neck gives a lovely shape around the collarbone.
3. New Look dove print dress £16.99: This dress is a great daytime option, wear with a cropped cardigan or a denim jacket.
4. New Look leather biker jacket £39.99: This jacket is a bit of a bargain, its on sale, it has a fitted waist and is a great length for teaming with your dresses. I hope this has given you some ideas on a figure flattering vintage style on a budget. Nicki x