Posts Tagged ‘what to wear to a wedding’
This is another one of those perfect dress-up, dress-down versatile pieces that will really go the extra fashion mile. The criss-cross back detail and the contrast floral patterns give this look edge. Vamp things up with a black sandal and sparkly clutch, or just add trainers and a pair of Ray-Bans for some daytime cool. Natalie x
Weren’t some of those Oscar dresses fabulous. Shout out to Best Actress winner Brie Larson in a dreamy floor-sweeping royal blue Gucci gown and Leo in Armani! There were quite a few red-carpet jumpsuit and cape combinations too like Lady Gaga in all the drama of an ivory Brandon Maxwell number and Elizabeth Banks in ivory lace Ralph & Russo. Channel this look, without the cape, for a different spin on occasion dressing. Tory Burch’s red hot jumpsuit has a sleek straight leg cut. At Dolce & Gabbana’s Fairytale Fantasy show in Milan this weekend models wore oversized headbands with brocade and jacquard bows and jewel embellishment. This Misa Harada headpiece will create that same effect so you can wear next season now. Natalie x
A little forward planning never hurt especially when it comes to dressing for any special occasions that you might have lined up. This dress from Topshop caught my eye with it’s opulent jacquard fabric and royal blue hues. The fit-and-flare prom style coupled with a below the knee length makes it the ideal piece not only for any evening events but for all those spring weddings too. There is an ultra-modern cut-out detail at the front of the waistband. It’s not very big, more peekaboo, so it’s a small detail as opposed to something too revealing. Style with a black textured jacket like this tweed piece from Iro which also comes in a versatile ivory shade if you prefer. I have kept the heel black, but a pop of clashing colour would look fabulous too. Break up all those dark shades with an ivory headpiece. Add a jewelled ear cuff to complete the look. Natalie x
Posted December 14, 2015on:
QUESTION: Wedding occasion for the Easter break , £50 limit
ANSWER: The wedding you’re attending sounds like a wonderful reason to treat yourself to a new outfit and with the festive season round the corner, there are some really fantastic dresses and sales deals on the high street at the moment! With this in mind, we’ve picked a selection of pieces we think you’ll love:
1. Yumi dress, now £28: – This beautiful navy tea dress can easily be jazzed up with a clutch bag and a pair of gorgeous heels. Similarly, this versatile frock can be worn with flat pumps and a cross body bag for summer festivals and nights out with friends:
2. Warehouse dress, now £38.50: – For something with more of a wedding feel, we’ve opted for a super sophisticated lace fit and flare dress, perfect for drawing the attention to your waist, plus the ‘v’ neckline elongates your neck and décolletage, very ooh la laa!. The kick skater skirt softly glides past your hips, creating a feminine and chic silhouette. Add a playful touch to your look by teaming with a shoe in a contrasting shade like red or bright blue:
3. Elise Ryan dress, £48: – As you’ve mentioned red is one of your favourite colours to wear, why not add some glam to your wardrobe with a stunning LRD (little red dress)? This will look fabulous all year round and is wonderful shape for your figure. As there is already embellishment around the neck, keep your accessorise minimal with a pair of stud earrings and a mini shoulder bag. Match with black or metallic shoes in the winter and pale greys and putty shades in the summer:
4. Missguided sandals, now £24.50: – We’ve gone with a neutral pale grey sandal as it will complement all the dresses beautifully and will look fantastic all year round. These wearable heels will also look very stylish with a pair of skinny jeans and a loose fitting check shirt or jersey T for birthdays and evening occasions:
5. New Look heels now £11.50: – There are some great shoes on sale at New Look and these courts are real capsule wardrobe keepers:
6: ASOS heels, now £19.50: – An alternative option with a vintage look, we love these t-bar courts as they’ll also pair really well with the dresses mentioned above. A shimmery clutch bag will complete the outfit gorgeously! Karen x
Posted June 23, 2015on:
Posted June 2, 2015on:
From weddings and garden parties, to races and regattas, the summer season is packed full of fantastic events. If you are lucky enough to be attending any of them the first question that always springs to mind is the all-important, “What am I going to wear?!” Panic not – although some of these events have certain rules and regulations, dressing up for them can be a total joy and an opportunity to look and feel your absolute best.
If you are searching for the ultimate guide to dressing for the upcoming social season, look no further! Jacques Vert’s #DressUpForSummer campaign is the go-to destination for expert advice on how to celebrate these summer events in style. What’s more, who better to provide this advice than our very own Dressipi stylist, Natalie Theo. With her top style tips on how to build the ultimate head to toe look with outfits from Jacques Vert, Precis Petite, Kaliko and Eastex, rest assured that with her help you’ll find the perfect look to suit you.
I was lucky enough to tag along to cover the filming of the campaign which took place on a gorgeous sunny day in East London at the stunning JJ Locations.
After starting the day with copious amounts of coffee, not to mention a croissant or two (or three…), hair and make-up was done and it was time for Natalie to take us through the outfits. The selection of hats and accessories was outstanding, not to mention the dresses and cover ups that perfectly suited many a summer occasion.
Three films were shot – Races & Regattas, Weddings, and Summer Events. If you’ve got one of these events coming up, why not check it out and get some inspiration! These garments can easily be slotted into your work to weekend wardrobe as well, meaning you’ll get great wear out of them.
Of course there was a bit of time to play dress up between takes….namely with Natalie’s gorgeous pink Manolo Blahnik’s which I had been eyeing up all day. Oh and a pretty swish motorbike we found outside. But that’s besides the point….